Wimbledon and Putney Common Conservators, the charity which owns and manages the renowned Wimbledon and Putney Commons has taken the decision to recruit, for the first time, a Fundraising Manager to help the organisation secure the income necessary to maintain and enhance this important public open space. The successful applicant will be part of the charity’s management team. The role involves developing the organisation’s fundraising strategy and maximising income from a variety of sources.
Essential requirements include:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a varied fundraising role or roles
- Demonstrable track record of achieving income targets and growing income across multiple fundraising streams
- Research skills in order to proactively identify research funding opportunities
- Experience of building and monitoring project budgets using the full cost recovery model
- Strong interpersonal skills and a confident communicator, both verbally and written
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage a complex and varied workload
- A proven ability to establish and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships and to engage, negotiate, influence and gain the confidence of others
- Up to date knowledge of fundraising regulations and best practice and data protection legislation
- Experience of using CRM databases and finance software
- An interest in conservation and recreation
- Experience of working with a ‘Friends of’ group
- A recognised fundraising qualification
- Experience of working in the charity sector
Hours: 37 hours per week, with occasional evenings and weekends for meetings and events
Salary: c. £40,000 The successful candidate will also be eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme. A mix of office-based and homebased working may be available.
Closing date: Friday 19th November 2021
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.