Our project opened its doors in 2003 to provide a safe therapeutic space for young people aged 11- 25 who live in the district of Winchester.
Young people’s emotional well-being is important to us and therapy can help them to understand their thoughts, feelings and emotions in more depth.
Our aim is to help young people tell their story to a trained professional who can help them reflect, recover and learn more about themselves.
Therapy is a process which can help young people recognise what needs to change in order to enjoy life more.
Purpose of Role
To lead, promote, resource, and oversee the work of Winchester Youth Counselling. To ensure that Winchester Youth Counselling expands and continues to deliver a first class service to young people. Duties and Key Responsibilities Project development and fundraising
• To lead Winchester Youth Counselling’s business development and income generation strategies, including the development and preparation of bids for funding. To manage work with partners to secure funding for the Charity and manage funding bids accordingly.
• Where required, to provide direct project management to specific areas of work and support the provision of counselling and therapeutic services to young people. To work alongside the Manager to ensure the delivery of a high quality counselling service to young people. 2 We believe that everyone should be treated equally, regardless of their religion, beliefs, age, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
• To seek and develop new streams of funding and build relationships with corporate partners and continue to strengthen the core purpose of WYC to provide free counselling and therapeutic services to young people. Leadership • To lead, develop and promote the work of Winchester Youth Counselling
• To develop partnerships and relationships with the statutory and voluntary sectors to enable the continued expansion of the work of WYC.
• To lead, develop and motivate the team to be collaborative and professional in their thinking and delivery, setting clear examples of excellence and best practice. Financial Management •
To prepare WYC’s Annual Budget in conjunction with the Treasurer and monitor income and expenditure within the budget agreed by the Board of Trustees, including authorising expenditure within the limits set by the Board.
• To oversee the financial administration of the organisation’s accounts and liaise with the Treasurer or the appointed financial accountant and advisors.
• To manage contracts, funding bids, monitor grants and report to funders. Robust Governance
• To advise the Board and ensure WYC complies with its responsibilities as an employer, ensuring that the organisation’s policy and practice meets legal requirements and supports best practice.
• To enable and manage the change from WYC being an unincorporated charity to an incorporated charity. • To act as the organisation’s Company Secretary to ensure the organisation meets all its responsibilities as a charity.
Other • To ensure the offices at WYC and all equipment are well maintained to enable a safe and healthy work space for all staff and users of the premises
• To represent WYC to funders, corporate organisations, statutory and voluntary agencies in order to promote the work of the charity.
• To take part in management and recruitment of staff and volunteers. • To manage personal administrative needs including use of computer.
• To be flexible in adapting the needs of the post according to the changing and emerging needs of WYC and to undertake other duties and responsibilities from time to time commensurate with the grade of the post.
• To ensure all staff and volunteers are appropriately trained and qualified.
Applications will only be accepted via the application process outlined on our website under our vacancies section. To apply for this position, download the application pack and return it by post or email as indicated on the Application Form.
Contact us for more information on our website or email us
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Application deadline: 19/02/2021
Expected start date: 01/04/2021