WSET School London is the flagship course provider for the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET), the world’s leading provider of education in the fields of wine, spirits, and sake. The School offers a suite of nine qualifications as well as an ever-changing programme of talks, tastings, and events. Our learning experiences are delivered by world-class specialist educators at our school in London Bridge as well as online.
Reporting to the School Principal while working closely with the Regional Marketing Manager - EMEA, the School Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the WSET School London marketing plan to meet student recruitment, retention, and experience targets.
Utilising a range of off-and-online channels, the role promotes and positions WSET School London as the most dynamic and respected destination in the world for wine, spirits, and sake education.
The role will require some evening or weekend work
Key areas of responsibility
- Develop and execute the WSET School London marketing strategy across email, website, social and print promotions to achieve set acquisition and retention objectives
- Manage the WSET School London marketing budget
- Oversee WSET School London’s wider communications strategy
- Represent the marketing requirements of WSET School London in relation to cross-departmental development projects
Planning, Budgeting and Reporting
- Annual budgeting and monthly monitoring to optimise allocation of spend against objectives
- Constant evolution of WSET School London marketing plan to reflect live changes/opportunities within the market, including competitor analysis, internal SWOT, and customer personas Regular reporting against key web, PPC, social and email metrics to track and evaluate key trends, ROI (where applicable) and performance of individual channels
Website, SEO, Search
- Manage and maintain the tastings and events page and about us pages of the WSET School London website.
- Manage Student Deals Card page of website, seeking out relevant partnerships and offers that add value to the student experience
- Work with the Student Services department to ensure site content compliancy and optimisation of all other content areas
- Monitor site performance using analytics tools and identify areas for improvement and development
- Manage AdWords and Facebook Ads accounts
- Prepare content for any 3rd party sites to promote School activity, track performance
- Promote new products and initiatives at WSET School London, including a new events space.
- Build and manage the School marketing email lists
- Build and send School marketing emails to drive retention and conversion
- Coordinate and send any pre and post event communications as required
- Monitor key email performance metrics, applying testing methods to measure and improve performance
- Work with WSET’s Global Marketing team to secure coverage for WSET School London, in line with the objectives set out in the WSET School London marketing plan
- Identify key influencers and opportunities to leverage
- Day-to-day management of WSET School London’s social accounts
- Use of social platforms to communicate the programme of courses, events, and tastings
- Monitoring and refreshing of social PPC ads to improve brand awareness and drive conversions
- Ensure WSET School London communications remain on brand
- Development of communication guidelines and strategy
- Write and approve key communications for WSET School London students
- Prepare any required marketing materials e.g. flyers, adverts either in-house or using our external freelancer
- Secure and evaluate promotional activities and partnerships in-line with the marketing plan
- Cross-departmental projects: represent the needs of WSET School London in relation to CRM, website development and other marketing requirements.
- Contribute to the successful overall operation of WSET by undertaking such other tasks as may from time to time be requested.
Skills and Competencies:
- Recognised marketing qualification or relevant experience
- Experience in running marketing campaigns
- Familiarity with all major social media platforms and their key differences
- Experience using a Content Management System, ideally Umbraco
- Experience using an email marketing platform such as Mailchimp or Dotdigital
- Experience editing creative using Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiarity with WSET qualifications as evidenced by completion of, or current enrolment in a qualification.
- Familiarity with the wine and spirits industry and/or higher education
- Media contacts within the wine and spirits industry
- Experience using a major CRM, ideally Microsoft Dynamics
- A practical understanding of Google Analytics, Google AdWords and Facebook Ads
- A practical understanding of data-driven marketing
- Reliable, flexible, and conscientious
- Strategic, problem-solving thinker who can work with stakeholders to achieve outcomes
- Organised and able to pay meticulous attention to detail while managing multiple tasks
- A willingness to offer help and ask for help when needed
- A fast learner who can adapt quickly to new marketing practices and tools
- Creative with a focus for design.
Submit your CV and cover letter.
An official WSET application form will be forwarded to you on receipt of your CV. This will need to be returned by the closing date.
All applicants must have a right to work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.