Winston's Wish was the UK's first childhood bereavement charity, we support children and young people after the death of a parent or sibling. This is one of the most devastating losses a child will ever face.
Following the planned departure of our current Head of Finance and IT, we are now seeking a Director of Finance and Resources to join the Senior Leadership Team as it guides the organisation into the next stage of its development and sets out on its trajectory to 2022.
- To be responsible to the CEO for the financial management of the charity, together with the effective leadership of excellent support services including IT and Data Insights and Facilities.
- Work closely with the Director of Fundraising, Communications and Marketing on income generation and business development.
- Support the CEO, senior managers and the Board in planning and delivering a strong and sustainable financial future for the organisation, seeking to maximise the use of our resources and manage risk in the short and medium term.
- Maintain excellent financial controls and develop and implement relevant policies and procedures across the organisation in relation to finance, IT and other functions.
- To ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and guidance in relation to risk, health and safety and governance.
- A fully qualified accountant with at least five years post qualification experience.
- Passionate about improving outcomes for children, especially bereaved children.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to develop and motivate others to succeed.
- Experience in the management of multi-million pound budgets.
- Strong commercial acumen and common sense approach.
- A positive approach to work and people, with an ability to champion cultural and organisational change.
- Highly IT literate with commitment to digital transformation and a broad understanding of the overall system requirements of the commercial or charity sectors.
For further information, please refer to the attached information pack.
If you have the skills and experience to succeed in a role like this, we very much look forward to hearing from you.
Deadline for applications: Monday, 1st July 2019 at midday
First interviews: Monday, 19th July 2019 in Cheltenham
Second interviews: Tuesday, 23rd July 2019 in Cheltenham