- £16.50 per hour (equivalent to approx. £30k per annum)
- 40 hours per week September to April, 25 hours per week May to August
- Fixed term 12-month contract, 1 Sep 2020-31 Aug 2021
The Winter Night Shelter Milton Keynes is looking for a motivated and capable individual to join its staff team to assess and manage its current operations in light of the Covid-19 pandemic.
We provide overnight accommodation and meals to homeless and vulnerable people who would otherwise be rough sleeping in Milton Keynes during the coldest months of the year (November–March). We work in partnership with churches and community centres across the city who provide their facilities as an overnight venue and operate with teams of trained volunteers to provide beds, meals and overnight supervision. We also provide welfare support, enabling our guests to access drug and alcohol support services, to obtain housing advice, move on to longer-term accommodation and to ﬁnd work.
This winter will be the 10th year of operation for the charity. We currently have 11 members of staff, mostly part-time, and operate with a body of around 800 volunteers each season.
The Trustees of the charity recognise that our provision for the homeless and vulnerable in Milton Keynes will necessarily look different this year because of the current situation. Some of our existing provision may not be feasible and there may be areas where there is a great need for additional support. We are looking for a manager to assess, advise on and then implement strategic operational changes which balance the safety of the homeless and vulnerable against the safety of carrying out that provision in light of Covid-19.
The role of Covid-19 Response Manager will involve:
- Keeping up-to-date with latest government advice and good practice in the sector by regularly reviewing latest guidance.
- Evaluating current provision proposals and assessing their feasibility.
- Creating further strategic proposals for the Trustees where necessary to address challenges.
- The recruitment and training of necessary volunteers, with help from an assistant and colleagues.
- Line management responsibility for the Operations Assistant and volunteer Team Leaders who manage the wider body of volunteers.
- Coordination with any active venues to ensure sufficient provision, liaising to ensure risk assessments are up to date and the effective management of supplies.
- Managing a budget and approving expenses.
- Coordinating transport arrangements.
- Reporting to and carrying out the wishes of the Board of Trustees.
We are looking for someone with leadership qualities, with the ability to delegate and motivate others. They will need to be self-motivated and have good initiative, with an aptitude for organisation, strategic planning and managing a budget.
The right candidate will be a good communicator, confident in interactions with all people, from our homeless guests to our Board of Trustees. Compassion for the homeless and vulnerable is a necessary quality.
The position will be based from home, attending meetings and visiting venues as needed. It will require flexibility to be available some evenings and occasional weekends.
The role brings with it a potential opportunity to turn into a longer-term management role at the charity if successful.
A full job description outlining the accountabilities and preferred skills and experience required is available to download as an attachment on this ad or on the Job Vacancies page of our website, please review this before applying.
To apply please send a CV with a covering letter/email outlining why you feel you have the necessary skills for this role to our Communications Assistant, Karen Cobbett, at commsassistant @ winternightsheltermk. com. The deadline for applications is 10 am on Monday 10th August.
Please be prepared to provide at least two appropriate references if asked to do so.
Shortlisted candidates will need to be available for an online interview in the week commencing 17th August.
The proposed start date is 1st September but this may be flexible according to a candidate’s requirement to fulfil their notice period.
The WNSMK is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all people from any background. A DBS check will be required for the successful candidate.
(Registered Charity 1149480)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.