The Communications Officer will ensure that Wirral Ark has high quality communications and marketing in place to support its activities. Through high quality marketing materials, social media campaigns and consistent branding, will support our fundraising, policy and raise local awareness.
Key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
To support the fundraising function of the charity
- To work with fundraisers and management to make an appropriate comms plan for each fundraising event
- To support the success of fundraising events by reaching as many potential participants or donors as possible through appropriate channels
- To work with the fundraiser to respond to information requests from potential participants or donors
- To help produce and distribute fundraising packs in connection with ongoing events
- To create social media campaigns leading up to and through fundraising events
- To help design and produce printed materials relating to upcoming events
- To help organise our Christmas Card sales
Building awareness in the local community
- Publishing materials on different online channels that shares and champions the work of Wirral Ark
- Taking a lead on social media activity, ensuring we have a continual presence and engage with our local stakeholders
- Attending local events and helping raise awareness of the charity and its work
- Occasionally doing presentations to local community groups about Wirral Ark
- Helping design thank you and similar public stakeholder events each year
- Helping process volunteering queries coming in to the charity
- Creating and distributing press releases to appropriate places
- Manage and curate mailing lists of supporters
- Producing regular newsletters about Wirral Ark’s work
- Oversee the design and publishing of the charity’s website
- Helping design and refresh the Wirral Ark brand
- Producing brand guidelines and helping staff work inside them
- Support staff in producing their own printed materials for project and other internal purposes
- Inputting to the work of other staff where it relates to comms
- To attend all mandatory training courses
- To attend all staff meetings
- Other duties as required by the role.
A full job description is available to download.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.