We are looking for a talented individual with experience and expertise in direct marketing to drive our digital strategy. Individual giving is essential to our ability to deliver services to people experiencing homelessness. We are currently focusing on a new Fundraising Strategy to increase our donor and supporter base through digital recruitment and retention as well as introduce a new income stream of corporate partnerships. This is an excellent opportunity to play a key part in developing and implementing creative and effective recruitment strategies, reduce attrition and encourage supporters to continue to give to Wirral Ark. As a key member of the team you will support the Head of Fundraising & Development with all areas of the digital strategy including planning and implementation. Going digital is at the heart of our new Fundraising Strategy giving you a fantastic opportunity to shape the development of this area and join a growing fundraising and development team.
About Wirral Ark
Wirral Ark is a homeless charity formed in 1991 originally as a temporary night shelter operating over the Christmas period. We have expanded our services significantly and now operate 5 housing projects, an Ethical Lettings Agency, Nurses Clinic, Befriending Project, Floating Support Service and an Activity Centre.
As the Direct Marketing Fundraising Officer you will plan and execute the digital marketing activities which includes digital and social media advertising, brand awareness, direct mail, digital appeals and acquisition focused campaigns for lead generation. You will contribute to the development and delivery of a donor acquisition and retention programme as well as maximise retention and lifetime value of current donors.
Direct Mail Campaigns - Design and deliver direct mail campaigns to supporters throughout the year using key themes and campaigns designed with the Head of Fundraising & Development.
Regular Giving – use digital channels and direct mail to develop regular giving programme and ensure recording on CRM to increase supporter engagement and maximise lifetime value.
Online Giving – promote online giving through shopping channels (Amazon, etc), Facebook, Twitter, website and explore new channels with high ROI. Maintain profile of platforms such as Just Giving, Virgin Donate etc. Manage all digital platforms in relation to fundraising content, monitoring their effectiveness to ensure donation asks are well placed across touch points.
Social Media & Website – support the Head of Fundraising & Development to identify, create or edit content and comms that are optimised, targeted and timely for publishing on all our digital channels. Develop and manage a content calendar to schedule posts and ensure consistent relevant content that is consistent with Wirral Ark’s brand and tone of voice.
In Memory Giving –support Head of Fundraising & Development to create a supporter journey to increase engagement across all areas of fundraising. Investigate potential of third party organisations for developing In Memory Giving.
Reporting – create reports on different campaigns and appeals to show ROI focusing on long-term sustainability rather than short-term wins.
CRM – ensure CRM is up-to-date and provides an acurate picture of supporter segmentation, communications, preferences, permissions, requests, gifts and pledges. Produce personalised acknowledgment emails, letters, invoices and receipts.
Team collaboration - identify prospects interested in other fundraising areas, e.g, community fundraising and Corporate Partnerships and work with colleagues to transfer the supporter journey: maximising lead generation and conversion.
Fundraising trends - proactively maintain excellent knowledge of digital fundraising practices, tools, techniques and campaigns in the sector, including digital fundraising trends, emerging audiences and competitor activity
- Proven experience of developing and implementing digital campaigns including SEO, content marketing and paid social and email marketing
- Proven experience of using digital and social marketing platforms including scheduling tools, Content Management Systems and email marketing software
- Understanding of digital customer and stewardship journeys
- Knowledge of how organic, boosted and paid ads can form part of an integrated, multi-channel strategy
- Excellent presentation, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, enthusiastic self-starter who can and hit the ground running
- Quick learner and problem-solver who can work to own initiative
- Knowledge of website and digital analytics and reporting
- Experience of managing campaign budgets – both expenditure and income targets
- Design and creative skills for creating digital assets
- Understanding of SEO & PPC best practice principles
- Previous experience of working in the charity sector
- Experience of using a CRM to support, inform and report on fundraising and stewardship activity
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.