Woking Gymnastics Club is seeking an exceptional individual for the newly created role of Chief Executive Officer, reporting to the charity’s Board of Trustees. The ideal candidate will bring an understanding of leading an organisation through a change programme, with the ability to attract, motivate and inspire the Club’s team of coaching and support staff through a period of investment and development. The candidate will have a passion for sport, young people’s health and community engagement as there will be a requirement for ongoing interaction with our members, parents and children of all ages.
With over 1,500 active participants every week, we are one of the largest clubs in the UK and the largest single youth organisation in Woking. Our aim is to offer gymnastics classes for all abilities and ages from 0 to 60+. There is activity, fun & fitness in a healthy and child friendly environment at Woking Gymnastics Club. Our two facilities are both situated near the centre of Woking, approximately one mile apart. We are a registered charity with the objective of enabling people of all ages and abilities to take part in gymnastics to encourage a healthy lifestyle. Our classes range from offerings to pre-school children and parents up to elite gymnasts who currently represent England, Scotland, and Great Britain at national and international level.
The Club is financially healthy and has survived the initial impact of Coronavirus but urgent action is required to rebuild participation, grow class sizes, refresh class offerings, improve customer service, and add depth and breadth to the coaching team. In the medium term, the Club has ambitious expansion plans for its facilities which will need project execution and delivery. The Club operates every day from morning to night with a small management team and it is important that the successful candidate is seen in the two facilities supporting its activities; as a result, the days of working are flexible across the week.
The new CEO will play a pivotal role in enabling us to widen our reach in the local community and the CEO will enjoy building a relationship with the local council and networking in the borough. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate skills to develop strategic partnerships and alliances.
The CEO will be responsible for governance of the Charity and for ensuing clear reporting to the Board against an agreed set of measures and objectives. There is a small administrative team and therefore the CEO will need to be hands on and actively engaged with all staff and the Board. The successful candidate must be comfortable in developing and delivering strategic plans and budgets and in developing the operational side of a near £1 million business.
You're perfect for the role if you…
- Have a proven track record in attracting, mentoring, developing, motivating and retaining teams
- Can demonstrate operational experience of a similar size or type of organisation
- Have a good understanding of budgeting and financial controls
- Have a passion for youth sports, fitness, well-being and all-round health
- Lead from the front and by example, happy to get stuck in and set the standard in your day-to-day work, vision and service to others
- Have an unwavering commitment to customer service and exceeding the expectations of our members
- Are able to develop and deliver effective, high impact strategic plans and translate these into operational goals/targets
- Have knowledge of good governance and experience of working closely with Trustees or non-executive Boards
- Have experience of developing and using data for decision making with a digital-first approach to information management and operational processes.
Interested? To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter detailing what attracts you to the role, your availability and why you would be a strong candidate. We look forward to hearing from you!
Interview date: There will be a telephone interview w/c 12 October 2020 and second interviews to be held in Woking (with social distancing measures) in w/c 19 October 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.