We’re looking for an experienced fundraising manager to manage our inspiring individual giving programme for our 15,000 committed Womankind supporters. If you have a passion for women’s rights, experience of running successful individual giving programmes that galvanise existing supporters through exceptional supporter care and attract new supporters through online and offline methods, enjoy working with databases, are highly organised and have a talent for writing engaging fundraising appeals that tell a powerful story we’d love to hear from you.
The Individual Giving Manager will be responsible for recruiting, retaining and developing individual donors to increase income for Womankind Worldwide and for contributing to the overall Financing strategy.
The post holder will need to work closely with the Fundraising and Marketing team to ensure coherence and consistency of approach, ideas and activities. The post holder will also work to ensure that there is a cross-organisational understanding of Individual Giving and work closely with Programme, Policy, Communications and Finance managers.
The post holder will be tasked with delivering five key areas of responsibility as detailed below.
1. Develop and manage Womankind’s Individual Giving programme
- Develop and implement the Individual Giving strategy.
- Develop, manage and monitor budgets and provide internal financial reports, income analysis and monthly key performance indicators.
- Recruit new supporters to the organisation through a range of methods including cold mailings, inserts, lottery and digital fundraising.
- Retain supporters by ensuring they receive exceptional customer care and receive regular communications such as newsletters and e-communications.
- Develop and maximise levels of giving and reactivate lapsed giving through methods such as direct mail appeals and email marketing.
- Ensure that all activities comply with best practice and relevant legislation including GDPR.
- Manage and support all posts within the Individual Giving team setting and monitoring their annual objectives.
2. Design and implement fundraising communications
- Create mailing concepts and write content for income-generating appeals.
- Work with the Communications Manager to develop content for online audiences.
- Manage and work with external suppliers, such as print and mailing houses, designers and list brokers in producing and supplying direct marketing materials and in delivering direct marketing campaigns.
3. Develop other methods of individual giving
- Manage and develop the High Value and Mid Value Donor programme, working closely with the Fundraising & Marketing Officer.
- Develop and promote Womankind’s Legacy programme working with the Fundraising & Marketing Officer.
- Explore, test and develop new areas of individual giving.
- Oversee income generating activities and events by supporters, community groups and networks working with the Fundraising & Database Officer.
4. Maintaining the fundraising database
- Undertake other reasonable responsibilities not outlined above which are commensurate with a role of this nature.
- The post holder must be committed to the mission, vision, values and aims of Womankind Worldwide as it seeks to support and speak out about women’s human rights and development internationally.
- All Womankind employees are expected to contribute towards developing a supportive working environment and demonstrate a commitment to professionalism and respect, transparency and accountability and uphold quality standards as outlined in policies and procedures, and in compliance with Womankind’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
This position reports to: Director of Fundraising and Marketing
This position line manages: Fundraising & Marketing Officer; Fundraising & Database Officer
- Demonstrable experience of direct marketing (both donor development and donor acquisition campaigns) and demonstrable understanding of database marketing principles
- Outstanding written communication skills and experience of writing successful fundraising appeals
- Proven experience of managing external suppliers
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise, work to deadlines and work on own initiative
- Experience of using Raisers Edge or an equivalent fundraising database to a high level, to carry out campaign analysis and to prepare management information
- Proven ability to prepare, maintain and report on income and expenditure budgets. This should include routine use of spreadsheet packages
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing ideas/propositions to a wide audience both internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret information
- Ability to work proactively as part of a team
- An understanding of, and commitment to, Womankind’s Equal Opportunities policy and Womankind’s vision and values
- Experience of staff or volunteer management.
- Experience of managing a UK Aid Match appeal
- Experience of managing an individual giving programme
- An understanding of not-for-profit direct marketing
- Ability to travel overseas for work in order to gather content for appeals.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
£38,823 - £42,353 – depending on experience
9 - 12 months (maternity cover) Fixed Term Contract
25 days per annum plus statutory holidays and Christmas break (pro-rata)
Womankind has a contributory pension scheme in place.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret we will not be able to respond personally to applicants who are not short-listed. If you have not heard from us within three weeks from the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 12:00 noon on Tuesday, 9 June 2020
Interviews: w/c 16 June 2020 (TBC)