Women for Women International helps women survivors of war rebuild their lives. We have over 20 years of on-the-ground experience working with women in countries affected by conflict. The UK office was set up in 2006 and has since grown into a vibrant and fast-growing organisation, raising over £6 million for women in countries affected by conflict. Our team is always extremely busy, maximizing opportunities across our supporter base and generating new business. We are seeking a new Executive Assistant to work closely with the Managing Director and play a pivotal role in the team.
We are therefore looking for someone who loves new challenges, and who is eager to learn and adapt to change. You will be highly organised, able to juggle multiple projects, and have meticulous attention to detail. You will need to excel under pressure whilst remaining calm, friendly, supportive and highly professional. You will need to be confident and comfortable working with a range of individuals from staff members to celebrities. You will need to be self-motivating and show initiative.
In addition, you will support the effective governance of the organisation by performing the duties of administrator to the Board of Trustees and several Committees to the Board.
Women for Women International are an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their religious beliefs or political opinions, sex, marital or family statuses, races, sexual orientations, ages or whether they are disabled. All candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
The Executive Assistant to the Managing Director would be expected to work within the framework of Women for Women International’s core values. Please refer to the Core Values and ways of working document, which can be seen here.
Women for Women International UK is a registered charity (charity number: 1115109) and a company limited by guarantee (company no: 05650155), registered in England and Wales.
Our registered office is at 49-51 East Road, London, N1 6AH.
Reports to: Managing Director
Proposed start date: ASAP
Deadline: 9th October 2019 11.59pm, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Location: 49-51 East Road, London, N1 6AH
Working Pattern: Full time
Salary: Dependent on experience
Executive Support to the Managing Director
- Manage the inbox of the Director, draft responses to all external communications, ensure that they are objective driven and support the business plan. Ensure that we respond in a timely manner to all internal communications especially to senior, Global Leadership Team and overseas colleagues to ensure we are operating a timely and efficient ‘office’.
- Prepare drafts, research, meeting briefs, letters and other documents for the Director, including confidential and sensitive information as required.
- Prepare presentations for multiple audiences including trustees, senior stakeholders, global and UK board meetings and board committees.
- In conjunction with the staff team, proactively prompt and coordinate the cultivation of the Managing Director’s relationships with donors, supporters and stakeholders, including proactive management of the portfolio.
- Ensure that new contacts and relationships are added to the Director’s portfolio and database in a timely way and a cultivation strategy developed to meet the business plan objectives and in line with the ‘best-fit’ team member according to the potential of the contact.
- Update members of the UK team and wider to ensure that the Director’s meetings and relationships are being properly followed up by the right member of the team and in line with donor cultivation and stewardship plans.
CO-ORDINATION and PLANNING
- Manage the diary of the Director, ensure the right people are met in the right order at the right time with the right ask – in line with the business plan objectives and in conjunction with the needs of the team and enabling them to meet targets.
- Support the Managing Director in managing and prioritising their tasks.
- Work across the team to ensure that the Director is available and involved appropriately to ensure the team can move forward, get feedback, decisions and support in the delivery of their objectives and plans.
- Provide cover for members of the Executive Office when on leave or absent.
- Manage the travel arrangements of the Managing Director.
- Proactively improve existing systems and processes if necessary to assist in creating an efficient and effective working environment and team.
SUPPORT THE EFFECTIVE GOVERNANCE OF THE ORGANISATION
- Support the company secretary to the Board of Trustees, including minuting meetings, and provide support to Trustees, Emeritus Trustees and Special Advisors as and when required.
- Liaise with the Executive Team and Chair of Trustees to arrange governance meetings and support the staff in the preparation of relevant papers to strict deadlines.
- Prepare and circulate relevant papers, both in hard copy (to UK based Trustees) and electronic to all Trustees, at least 1 week in advance of the meetings, including managing the document sign-off process with the Chair of Trustees.
- Perform the duties of administrator to Committees of the Board of Trustees, including arranging meetings, preparing papers and taking minutes.
- Provide support to the Executive Team through preparing agendas for weekly meetings, minuting them and monitoring action points and ensure effective communications about decision-making to the wider staff team.
- Take minutes in the weekly staff meetings and circulate them in a timely manner.
To apply, please send your CV, together with a letter no longer than two pages in length outlining your interest in the role, qualifications and suitability for the post. Due to the high volume of applications received, we regret that we can only respond to those most qualified for the position. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so early application is encouraged.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.