Women for Women International (WfWI) is an international NGO that helps women survivors of war to rebuild their lives. We believe that with access to rights, education and resources, women can lead change towards peaceful and stable societies. Since establishment in 1993, WfWI has worked with over 500,000 women in Afghanistan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iraq, Kosovo, Nigeria, Rwanda and South Sudan. The UK office was established in 2006, and has steadily grown its programme funding from grants from various sources, including governments, trusts and foundations, companies, and individuals.
This is Who We Are at Women for Women International – UK
1) We are a Passionate, Ambitious and Committed Team - PACT
2) We subscribe to the vision of Women for Women International, which influences all we do
3) We are committed to diversity and inclusion, we respect difference and are committed to adaptability
4) We invest in our own personal growth, learning and development
5) We are relationship focused
6) We trust each other
7) We are outcome oriented and impact focused – we support each other to take considered risks and we learn from mistakes
8) We deliver – we do what we say, whilst making space for learning, reflecting and adapting as needed
9) We believe leadership and innovation can come from any part of the organisation
10) We communicate honestly and respectfully with each other, global colleagues and supporters
Our commitment to equity, justice, anti-racism
Diversity at Women for Women International is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. We welcome all applications and are committed to the continued development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, political opinions, and pregnancy and maternity. We are particularly seeking applicants from Global Majority backgrounds as part of our commitment to addressing historical underrepresentation.
What we offer you
- Your work life balance is important to us, and we work 70 hours over 9 working days and have every other Friday off.
- We offer 25 days annual leave.
- We work on a hybrid basis, you will be set up to work from home and have the option to work from our office in Borough whenever you want. We enjoy being back in the office a day or two a week to meet colleagues face to face.
- Your health and wellbeing is important to us and provide our Employee Assistance Programme to help you deal with personal and professional problems that could be impacting your home life or work life.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and driven Finance Officer (Management Accounts) to join our small and dedicated Finance Team.
As part of the Finance Team in a vibrant and growing organisation, this role has enormous potential for variety, challenge and career development for the right person. We are looking for someone with excellent attention to detail, able to work well under pressure to deadlines, and with strong communication skills.
In this role you will be responsible for preparing and circulating all management accounts for all WfWI – UK departments.
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Proposed Start date: ASAP
Location: Primarily remote working with some expectation of work from the office based in Borough, London
Working Pattern: Full time, 35 hours per week
Salary Level: £29,645 per annum (12 month fixed term contract)
- Applications by completed application form, and Diversity Monitoring form, please find details on the careers page of our website. If you would like to submit your application another way, please contact us.
- If you would like to learn more about this vacancy, we are hosting a Q&A session on Tuesday 31st May 2022 at 1pm. If you want to attend this session, please find details on the careers page of our website.
Closing Date: 23.59 Sunday 5th June 2022
Interviews: Wednesday 15 June 2022
- Prepare and circulate all management accounts for all WfWI-UK departments
- Financial administration of Grants
- Provide business partnering support to UK Budget holders
- Prepare and circulate all management accounts for all WFWI-UK departments
- Co-ordinate gathering of management accounts commentary from all budget holders and support Head of Finance with consolidation process
- Review grant budgets – checking currencies, formulas and calculations of budgeted UK costs
- Review donor reports – for accuracy, agreement to finance system and inclusion of UK costs as budgeted
- Support Programme Funding team on financial areas where required
- Maintain Restricted Funding Tracker as LIVE and up to date database of all Restricted Grants for WFWI-UK
WFWI Business Partner
- Provide business partnering support to the UK budget holders, supporting on financial tasks, preparing financial donor reports and provide guidance and advice where necessary
Other Finance Tasks
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets and reforecasts
- Supporting the Head of Finance in daily financial operations
- Administering Finance & Audit Committee meetings and preparing minutes within agreed deadlines
- Providing ad-hoc administrative support to the Head of Finance
Knowledgeable about Management Accounts and their purpose with an organisation Essential
Understanding of the role of a finance business partner Essential
Comfortable using systems including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook Essential
Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal including the ability to discuss financial concepts with non-finance colleagues in an accessible way Essential
Able to work independently and within a team Essential
An understanding of the importance of confidentiality / data protection Essential
Ability to meet deadlines and deal with an unpredictable workload Essential
An interest in the work of Women for Women International Essential
Studying for a professional accountancy qualification Desirable
Capable of working in a busy charity environment Desirable
Awareness and understanding of grant reporting Desirable
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.