When there is an outbreak of war or violence, women suffer most – they experience trauma, sexual violence and the death of loved ones. After the conflict is over, the world’s attention moves on, but these same women are left to rebuild their families and communities. Women for Women International supports women who live in some of the world’s most dangerous places. Women enrol on our year-long training programme, where they learn how to earn and save money, improve their family’s health and make their voices heard at home and in their community. Since 1993, we’ve helped over 500,000 women survivors of war in Afghanistan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kosovo, Iraq, Nigeria, Rwanda and South Sudan. With over 40 brutal armed conflicts across the globe, there’s never been a greater need for the work of Women for Women International to support women survivors of war.
We are seeking a Manager, Global Foundation and Corporate Partnerships
to join the Global Program Unit, based out of our London office to manage our growing portfolio of restricted grants. This is a temporary/fixed term role, for Maternity Cover.
The Manager, Global Foundation and Corporate Partnerships will be an important member of the Global Business Development team, managing and executing on our global business development strategies related to donor and prospect relationship building and cultivation. The Global Business Development team sits within the Global Programs Unit, which also includes sub-teams focused on programme design, monitoring and evaluation, country office support, and grants management. This position will work and coordinate especially closely with the grants management team to ensure proper stewardship of current foundation and corporate donors, including that they are primed well for renewal asks.
Are you passionate about helping women achieve their potential? Do you thrive in a busy environment, can stay calm under pressure, enjoy working on multiple projects, and feel motivated by taking on new challenges? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then this role might be for you!
Reporting to: Head of Global Philanthropic Partnerships
Proposed Start date: January 2022
Location: Primarily remote working with some expectation of work from the office based in Borough, London
Working Pattern:Full time, 35 hours per week, Temporary/fixed term, for Maternity Cover
Salary Level: £34,000 per annum
- Applications by completed application form, and Diversity Monitoring form, please go to our careers page for details. If you would like to submit your application another way, please contact us.
- If you would like to learn more about this vacancy, we are hosting a Q&A session on Thursday 18 November at 13.00. If you want to attend this session please contact us.
Closing Date: 23.59 Sunday 28 November 2021
Interviews:Friday 10 December 2021
Right to work in the UK: Essential
- Significant experience in fundraising, with a strong focus on foundation and corporate donors
- Proven track record of success in government fundraising with evidence of personal engagement and leadership of successful, large, and complex proposals and pitches.
- Adopts a growth mindset and has demonstrated experience in relationship-based fundraising strategies.
- Experience working cross-departmental, cross-country contexts with a proven record of building, managing and working with virtual teams.
- Current and strategic understanding of global humanitarian, development and gender funding environment and future trends.
- Excellent spoken and written English to include research, writing, and communication skills.
- Commitment to and respect for Women for Women International’s mission and values
- Computer skills including working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
Diversity at Women for Women International is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, political opinions, and pregnancy and maternity. Applications are welcomed and encouraged from all interested parties
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.