The Women’s Equality Party is a collaborative force in British politics uniting people of all genders, ages, backgrounds, ethnicities, beliefs and experience in the shared determination to see women enjoy the same rights and opportunities as men – so all can flourish. WE challenge other parties through our campaigns and policy proposals as well as at the ballot box.
The Finance and Compliance Manager will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will work at a senior level to ensure the effective management of the Party’s finances and will have lead responsibility for the Party’s compliance with electoral law and other regulations. This will involve working with the Party Treasurer, central office staff, other Party officers, including Branch Officers, and suppliers to enable and ensure their actions in relation to the Party are compliant. The Finance and Compliance Manager will also oversee central office management, including systems and processes and will line manage the Administration Officer
- Advise on, monitor and maintain systems for ensuring compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies and report back to business functions on current risk and compliance performance.
- Maintain the Party’s accounts on Xero and produce quarterly management accounts for Executive Board with supporting information and forecasts as requested
- Ensure effective bookkeeping, manage the keeping of records of all invoices submitted and received, and the reconciliation of cash reports with bank and accounting records. Process monthly payroll and pension payments
- Support Treasurer to file accurate and compliant VAT returns, quarterly donation reports, weekly pre-poll reports and campaign expenditure returns on time.
- Maintain effective financial procedures and support the production of annual audited accounts and returns
- Support the development of annual budget based on strategic priorities, trends and projections and assist the COO in developing a business plan to maintain the financial health and sustainability of the organisation
- Analyse income and expenditure and the organisation's performance against business plan and report to the Executive Committee and Steering Committee as required
- Manage effective relationships with suppliers and contractors to ensure effective service delivery and risk management
- Train and support local Treasurers and branches in finance and compliance to support financial independence, elections and fundraising
- Work closely with the membership team to ensure proper reconciliation of finance and membership records and compliance with GDPR
- Manage staff and volunteers including effective performance management of the Administration Officer through regular supervision and annual appraisals
- Manage the development and implementation of new administrative systems, such as record management, to ensure the efficient running of the office
- Review central costs, contracts and suppliers and identify cost-saving opportunities
- Ensure the condition of the office is maintained and necessary repairs are organised, as well as managing the office layout and office supplies and review and update health and safety policies.
WE are looking for someone with bookkeeping and financial management experience and a passion for financial issues and contexts combined with an affinity for rules and regulations, and either experience of managing finances within a political party or a proven ability to quickly acquire the required knowledge. Our preferred candidate will have critical problem-solving ability, strong attention to detail and an investigative nature. They will be adaptable, able to work within the unpredictable environment of UK politics, committed to equality and excited by the prospect of changing British politics.
Full details are set out in the job description and person specification.
The deadline for applications is midnight on 11th August. Interviews are planned for 15th, 16th and 22nd August.
Candidates should submit their CV and a covering statement that addresses the person specification.
The Women's Equality Party is dedicated to achieving equality for all and our feminism is intersectional. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing a workforce that represents the diverse communities that we serve, although unfortunately our current offices are not wheelchair accessible.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.