The Women’s Equality Party is a collaborative force in British politics uniting people of all ages, backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities, genders and beliefs in the shared determination to see women enjoy the same rights and opportunities as men – so all can flourish. WE challenge other parties through our campaigns and policy proposals as well as at the ballot box.
The Finance and Operations Manager will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will work to ensure the effective management of the Party’s finances and will have lead responsibility for the Party’s compliance with electoral law and other regulations. This will involve working with the Party Treasurer, central office staff, other Party officers and suppliers to ensure their actions in relation to the Party are compliant with the law. The Finance and Operations Manager will also oversee central office management, including facilities, systems and processes and will line manage the Administration Officer. Transaction processing is an essential part of this but the position has enormous potential for variety, challenge and career development for the right person.
WE are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and hardworking individual with both a financial and administrative background. The successful candidate will have a passion for financial management and administration combined with an affinity for rules and regulations, and either experience of managing finances or compliance within a political party or a proven ability to quickly acquire the required knowledge. Our preferred candidate will have experience in using and maintaining Xero or an equivalent accounting software, strong attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and an investigative nature. In addition, they will be adaptable, able to work within the unpredictable environment of UK politics, committed to equality and excited by the prospect of changing British politics.
The Women's Equality Party is dedicated to achieving equality for all and our feminism is intersectional. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing a workforce that represents the diverse communities that we serve, although unfortunately our current offices are not wheelchair accessible.
- Maintain the Party’s finances and accounts on Xero, including:
- Purchase ledger
- Income processing
- Month End
- Cash/Bank reconciliation and reports
- Produce financial reports as requested, for the COO and Executive Committee with supporting information and forecasts as required
- Liaise with external accounting services and support the production of quarterly management accounts for Executive Board
- Support Treasurer to file accurate and compliant VAT returns, quarterly donation reports, weekly pre-poll reports and campaign spending returns on time
- Maintain effective financial procedures and support the production of annual audited accounts and returns
- Support Department Heads to set and manage their budgets
- Manage payment systems, including GoCardless, Stripe and Paypal
- Work closely with the membership team to ensure proper reconciliation of finance and membership records and compliance with GDPR
- Support the development of annual budget based on strategic priorities, trends and projections and assist the COO in developing a business plan to maintain the financial health and sustainability of the organisation
- Support Branch Treasurers to manage branch finances and submit quarterly returns to Central Office
- Assist with online fundraising tools
- Monitor and maintain systems for ensuring compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies and report back to business functions on current risk and compliance performance
- Train and support local Treasurers and branches in compliance to support financial independence, elections and fundraising
- Prepare internal information in response to regulatory requests
- Oversee organisational compliance with GDPR for finance and operations data and oversee the collection of data and data protection controls across all areas and systems
- Oversee and coordinate Risk Register reporting and review to the Executive Committee
- Manage effective relationships with suppliers and contractors to ensure effective service delivery and risk management
- Manage staff and volunteers including effective performance management of the Administration Officer through regular supervision and annual appraisals
- Manage the development and implementation of new administrative systems, such as record management, to ensure the efficient running of the office
- Conduct reviews and evaluations of contracts and suppliers and identify cost-saving opportunities
- Ensure the condition of the office is maintained and necessary repairs are arranged, as well as managing the office layout and office supplies, insurance policies and health and safety policies and practices
- Managing the relationship with our outsourced IT provider to ensure requirements are met and that the servicing and maintenance of our IT is up to date
- Support the recruitment and induction processes, including setting up new starters and facilitating leavers.
- Ensure maintenance of contracts and assets register
To apply for this role, please submit to us:
- an up-to-date CV,
- a statement of interest addressing the requirements of the person specification, and saying why you want to work for the Womens Equality Party.
- an equal opportunities monitoring form (optional)
Please note that applications will not be considered without a statement of interest specifically tailored to this post and the Party.
Please submit your application no later than 9am on 2nd December 2019. Interviews will be held on 6th or 10th December 2019
Further details about the post and the Party are on our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.