The Women’s Equality Party is seeking an experienced fundraiser to build and strengthen special relationships with potential donors who have the ability to make transformational gifts to WEP and to grow a mixed portfolio of High/Mid Net Worth individuals. You will also oversee and manage our crowdfunding campaigns as well as help to steward and expand our vital network of supporters so that WE can continue to grow the Party and deliver our ambitious campaign and election strategies.
This is a great opportunity for someone to step up and shape our fundraising approach while developing your skills across all fundraising areas. You will be part of the senior management team, with significant autonomy and able to influence our activities across the organization. While you will need to have some fundraising experience, more important is your commitment to equality, your passion to support the Party, your ability to work effectively in a small integrated organisation and your willingness to work top to bottom to drive our fundraising to greater success.
The Party’s central office is a small, dynamic team and you will be working closely with our members and supporters, communications and campaigns staff and with our Events Manager who is responsible for raising funds through running events. We are looking for someone who is passionate about equality, self-driven and organised and with an impressive track record of getting support from individuals in the UK.
Salary: £37,000 - £40,000 p.a. pro rata for 3 days a week.
Hours: 22.5 per week. There is a possibility that the post will develop to full-time
Location: Women’s Equality Party Central Office, Brixton, London
Duration: This is a part-time, permanent post with a six-month probation period.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research and maintain fundraising intelligence on current and potential sources of funding, especially major and significant donors, and identify prospects using our extended networks as well as proactively identifying those with a likely interest in our cause but not yet connected with us.
- Research prospects and maintain records on their areas of potential interest.
- Represent the Party in approaches to and discussions with current and potential donors and ensure donor stewardship is of the highest quality, ensuring supporter journeys are bespoke and meaningful.
- Support the Leader, President and candidates in building new relationships with prospects and maintain and build relationships with current donors.
- Develop and manage schemes and events for maintaining strong relationships with donors to the Party.
- Work with the Finance and Compliance Manager to ensure that all donations are quickly and correctly processed and acknowledged, working within the framework of PPERA and complying with its regulations.
- Oversee and manage crowdfunding campaigns, including marketing and audience segmentation, to acquire rewards-based donations from the general public and ensure our goals are reached or surpassed
- Work with other teams and staff members to identify, develop, deliver and evaluate fundraising appeals.
- Work with the Events Manager to secure corporate sponsors and donors for the biennial party conference
- Ensure that all the Party’s fundraising collateral is persuasive, creative and of the highest design quality and that Party values guide and inform all aspects of donor cultivation and management
- Contribute to the design, content and delivery of fundraising guidance and training for candidates and officers.
- Experience and demonstrable track record in raising resources from a range of sources
- Experience of developing and managing relationships with new and current donors – individual and corporate
- A track record in leading supporter fundraising and direct marketing to achieve year on growth.
- Experience of developing and implementing appeals and events
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, the aims and values of the Women’s Equality Party
- Knowledge of the principles of major donor fundraising
- Understanding of the rules and restrictions for political fundraising
- Able and willing to work occasional unsocial hours and outside of normal office hours as required
- Ability to write compelling pitches for support and donor reports
- The ability to work proactively with a variety of stakeholders, including donors and supporters at all levels
- Ability to work within a target driven environment, to work effectively as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Experience in mid-level and / or major donor fundraising
- Experience of developing and stewarding donor journeys
- Experience of developing and implementing a fundraising strategy
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.