The Women’s Equality Party is seeking a talented communications professional with some experience in research, policy development or public affairs. We want to get everyone talking and thinking about women’s equality and we need someone with the creativity and drive to make that happen. Whether you are an all-round communications superstar, or an expert in either press, public affairs or political messaging - we want you to help us.
As well as delivering an impactful communications strategy, you will be helping us develop innovative policies and shape messages that reach people and tell a compelling story. Ideally, you will have made a solid start in a communications role and have thorough knowledge of the media and a strong track record of implementing a media strategy. You’ll be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the political landscape and how to influence it. You will have an avid interest in current affairs, an unwavering commitment to women’s equality and intersectionality and the ability to produce accurate and persuasive copy under pressure.
Responsible for the day-to-day presentation of the party’s values, policies and campaigns in the media
Crafting messages and creating opportunities and capacity to deliver them
Building and maintaining strong media, stakeholder and influencer networks
Making sure the party is switched on to the news cycle and policy/political developments and is ready to seize opportunities
Supporting engagement with and development of our policies
Connecting brand and messaging to members and voters to achieve change
You will have:
- Excellent political knowledge and judgement
- Experience in a press or communications role, or as a journalist
- Experience delivering a media strategy
- Experience of writing press releases, articles, blogs and briefs
- Experience in creating and breaking stories and spotting opportunities to make a splash in a fast-moving media environment
- Experience providing intelligent strategic counsel and leading and mentoring colleagues
- Experience researching, developing or advocating for policy
- Outstanding people skills; ability to connect quickly and effectively with people inside and outside the Party to achieve maximum results and win over support
- Self-motivating; able to prioritise workload and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines; capacity to recalibrate at short notice
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the aims and values of the Women’s Equality Party
- Willingness to undertake training and to develop new skills in response to the organisation’s changing needs
- Team worker, able to delegate and take control, as well as listen to and value others’ contributions.
To apply for this role, please visit our website:. The closing date is 18th October 2020
Please note that applications will not be considered unless a Statement of Interest addressing the person specification is submitted.We are holding an Open Evening via zoom at 7pm on 22nd September for anyone who might be interested in the different roles we are currently advertising. This is an opportunity for you to find out about us and ask questions about the role - we will not be assessing you and you can remain anonymous. For more details (inc post-event video) please see our website
The Women’s Equality Party values equality and diversity, and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status. In relation to this post we particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates and from candidates with disabilities as these communities are under-represented within the organisation at this level.