Do you have retail experience and now looking for a new challenge? Then we could be looking for you!
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Assistant Manager of our shop in Royston.
You should be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the retail environment and be a strong proactive leader. A flexible approach to working will be required as the shop is open seven days per week.
You will be responsible for supporting the Shop Manager in the day-to-day management of the shop; generating donations; display and merchandising; managing stock deliveries and collections; record keeping; cash handling and crucially, recruiting, training, motivating, managing and supporting a loyal and committed team of volunteers.
You should be able to offer the following qualities:
* Good experience in retail in high street or Charity retail.
* The ability to work under pressure and prioritise a changing workload.
* The ability to drive sales and achieve income targets.
* A good knowledge and understanding of health and safety best practice.
* You should be numerate, organised and resourceful in building links/support within the local community.
* The ideal applicant will be personable, hands on and committed to achieving the highest retail standards.
* Good communication and customer service skills are essential.
* An affinity with the work that Wood Green does and a desire to increase public awareness and donor engagement of the Charity's mission.
This is a part time (16 hours), permanent role with a competitive salary.
£18,138- £19,698 FTE