About Wood Green
Our vision is for every pet to have a home where they are loved, well cared for and enjoy positive relationships with their owners.
We are committed to providing our pets with outstanding care and secure and loving homes and supporting pet owners and the wider community to build rewarding relationships with pets
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join Wood Green as Head of People Services, delivering an end-to-end service across the colleague lifecycle and developing creative and relevant people innovations. You will work collaboratively across the wider People and Culture team to create a people experience and employment brand that reflects our vision and values.
We recognise the value the difference all our people bring to delivering outstanding services to pets and their owners and you will be passionate about driving and embedding an inclusive culture where people feel valued and fully engaged. You will assess organisational and people analytics to inform the direction of our people strategy and drive effective people performance through strategic workforce planning, business partnering, people management and reward and recognition strategies.
Working in partnership with leaders and key stakeholders you will shape, develop and deliver people plans and solutions in line with directorate needs and the strategic priorities of the Charity.
Whilst inspiring new thinking and challenging existing practices you will also ensure the legal and regulatory compliance of people solutions, providing expertise on people policies, processes and technologies which empower people to manage their own career and people transactions.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- degree educated and qualified to CIPD Level 5 or equivalent
- an experienced HR Generalist with expertise in a number of disciplines across HR and payroll systems, service design and process optimisation, reward and recognition, policy development, ER and workforce engagement
- customer obsessed with proven success in a HR leadership role implementing a people solutions with measurable results
- an influential business partner with ability to working closely with senior management and key stakeholders across the charity to inspire, coach, influence and shape the future business
- able to evidence your analytical ability to evaluate opportunities, risks and people implications
- a creative problem solver who can challenge and resolve issues with innovative solutions at pace
- an excellent communicator who is credible with ability to build and foster influential relationships
- able to handle complex and sometimes difficult situations with compassion, thought and confidence
- up to date and interested in leading edge thinking and best practice approaches to HR, including employment law
If you are reading through this and it matches your desire to make a difference and aligns with your experience, we would love to hear from you.
Please forward us an up to date copy of your cv along with a supporting statement highlighting why you feel you are the person for the role. This role requires applicants to undertake an online psychometric assessment as part of the selection process.
We may close this role earlier than advertised if we receive a large number of suitable applications.
Salary c£45000, dependent on experience.