Passionate about animal welfare, Wood Green, The Animals Charity is a leading organisation that is dedicated to improving the lives of pets and pet owners. As we continue to develop our 'Centre of Excellence' at our Godmanchester site, volunteers are integral in supporting us in delivering excellent care to all our pets.
Wood Green are looking for an engaging and self-motivated people person to join our Pet Care team as Pet Care Volunteer Manager.
Working with and supported by the Head of Onsite Care, you will have the chance to make a real difference in your work, being integral to our volunteer expansion programme and improving the lives of pets.
As Pet Care Volunteer Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the recruitment, retention and allocation of Pet Care volunteers, providing centralised management of Pet Care volunteers and supporting with Strategic plans. This will include working closely with our Dog, Cat, Small pets and Offsite Care teams to assess both department and volunteer needs, support with training and development, and to identify new volunteer opportunities to optimise involvement and engagement.
In addition, you will:
- Monitor and report on volunteer hours, using Better Impact or other relevant databases
- Promote and support the use of Better Impact within all Care teams, maintaining volunteer records adhering by GDPR and confidentiality requirements
- Be a point of contact for Pet Care volunteering queries or concerns
- Support the teams to ensure that all volunteers are aware of relevant policies and procedures
- Evaluate the risk of volunteers working in each area, supporting aspects of Health & Safety as appropriate
- Actively promote onsite volunteering through effective internal communication, and through innovative external sources, being an ambassador for the valuable contribution they make to Wood Green's work.
To be considered as the Pet Care Volunteer Manager, you will need:
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
- Significant experience of working with volunteers, working with volunteers in a management role is not essential but will be beneficial
- Demonstrable experience of effective people management skills including the ability to manage conflict, motivating, empowering and developing people
- Demonstrable experience of providing excellent customer care
- A good understanding of the Animal Welfare Act and its application within an Animal Charity
- Proven communication skills, being self-assured in delivery
- A full clean driving licence to support travel to relevant external volunteer events and meetings
This is a full time role, working 37.5 hours per week. Part time requests may be considered for the right applicant.
The starting salary for this position is £19,903 - £22,115 depending on experience.