Passionate about animal welfare, Wood Green, The Animals Charity is a leading organisation that's dedicated to improving the lives of creatures great and small.
Wood Green are looking for a Team Leader to work within our Small Pets department.
Working with and supported by the Section manager, you'll have the chance to make a real difference to our team of carers and specialists who care for a range of species including rodents and rabbits.
As a Team Leader, you will be responsible for leading the day to day runing of the Small Pets department. Every day is different but the main responsibilities include managing and coaching staff and volunteers, upholding excellent standards of care and husbandry, as well as deputising for the Section Manager. This will involve a small amount of hands on animal work as the heart of what you will do is inspiring and motivating your team.
In addition, you will:
- Have a high level of species specilaist knowledge
- Be responsible for developing allocated staff and volunteers
- Keep up to date records for pets in our care
- Be responsible for the hygiene and safety of the team
- Act as a key decision maker for euthanasia and other high level decisions
To be considered as a Small Pets Team Leader, you will need:
- To have a GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
- A level 3/4 qualification in animal management OR equivalent experience
- Significant experience working with smaller pet species and domestic fowl, including handling
- Demonstrable experience of providing excellent customer care
- Demonstrable experience of effective people management including the ability to motivate and empower staff
This is a full time role, working 37.5 hours per week.