Interesting and varied part-time finance position, working from home, with a number of international charities and NFPs
Words of Peace Global
The Accountant is responsible for managing the financial administration and cash flow. He/she reports directly to the CEO and maintains constant contact with other key managers within the organization.
The Accountant is assisted by two part time contractors who manage the admin, bookkeeping and the donations database functions between them, in addition to the Global Event Budget Manager.
The Accountant will perform some or all of the tasks identified further below for 4-5 similar charities and not for-profit organisations, based in the Netherlands, the UK, Australia and the USA respectively, each of which have their own admin/accounting staff – further specific details to be provided for each.
Words of Peace Global (WOPG) is an international charitable foundation and part of an international network of charities and not-for-profits inspired by the words of Prem Rawat. We share his conviction that the need for peace in our lives, and in the world, is fundamental. We offer a message that peace is possible and we provide resources to help those who wish to pursue it.
Funded entirely by donations, mainly from many thousands of individuals around the world, our main activity is supporting the live events and other speaking engagements that Prem Rawat attends throughout the year.
Governance of WOPG is ensured by a Board comprising 4 members, two of whom are situated in the Netherlands where the Foundation is registered.
The successful person for this position should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Qualified or part qualified accountant (ideally)
- 10 years of experience in financial management and accounting as a Finance Manager in the third sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Good understanding of IT, banking, payment processing, charity governance and human resources.
- Some flexibility to accommodate working with volunteers aand others across different time zones.
Location: from home with occasional physical meetings
Full time position
Time: 2 days/week (possibly averaging 3 hours each day), plus occasional additional involvement on a project by project basis.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of the financial statements.
- Responsible for the day to day finance and accounts operation
- Supervise, mentor and assist all staff in the department and ensure they are maintaining robust accounting records that comply with generally accepted accounting principles
- Review investigate and correct errors and inconsistencies in accounting entries, financial documents and reports.
- Analyse transactional processes and identify where additional accuracies and efficiencies can be achieved
- Responsible for maintaining and developing all aspects of the online accounting system.
- Adhere to internal and external deadlines including timely completion of month end procedures
- Responsible for the production of key statutory/legal accounting records such as the Annual Report and Accounts
- Carries out other accounting related duties as required.
- Works with key managers to prepare an annual budget for presentation to the Board.
- Manage approved budget throughout the year ensuring costs are controlled.
- Follow approvals process for all costs arising.
- Work to ensure costs are minimized and revenue is maximized wherever possible
- Meet agreed timelines for regular reporting and communication of the financial position to the Management Team and the Board.
- Provide analysis of revenue and expenditure across years as required.
- Provide a range of financial report to stakeholders as required
- Attend conference calls as and when required
- Take part in ad hoc projects as they arise
Cash Flow :
- Direct our cash flow planning and management
- Provide insights and recommendations to improve financial results, controls and processes
- Meet agreed timeline for cash flow reports
- Take part in ad hoc projects as they arise
- Manage non-event grant applications and oversee the event grant application process both to be performed in accordance with agreed processes and generally accepted NFP standards
- Prepare grant application documents and ensure all requirements are met in respect of the application and reporting of any funds received to ensure funding provided has been applied soley for the prupose for which it was given.
- Ensure accounting software and donations management software is constantly reviewed, developed as necessary within budgetary constraints and remains fit for purpose.
- Oversee relationship with credit card payment providers
- Assist with donor enquiries
Additional tasks (For UK org. only)
- Manage PAYE for UK based employees including submitting all necessary returns to HMR&C
- Administer Pension scheme for UK based employees
- Ensure systems are in place for compliance with Gift Aid rules and maximize claims wherever possible
- Ensure suitable insurances are in place seeking advice as necessary and deal with any claims should they arise.
- Prepare and manage detailed budgets for major UK events, monitor and provide regular reports to the event team.
- Act as contact point for all UK wide initiatives as appropriate
Your application must consist of a CV and covering letter, which outlines your suitability for the role and should be no longer than two pages.
Also include your notice period and salary expectations.
(no Agencies please)
We will be conducting interviews as applications come in. If your application is of interest and we want to take it forward, our interview process will follow this route:
- Screening Interview (via video call)
- Skills Test (completed remotely)
- Second Interview (via video call)
- Final Interview (via video call)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.