Head of Individual Giving– The Role
As a key member of our UK fundraising department you will lead and champion individual giving within the global fundraising community. You will be responsible for shaping strategy and providing leadership to ensure we attract a range of audiences to sustain our work, grow our brand profile and increase our impact for animals.
This will involve developing initiatives to increase income and reach, with an emphasis on growing the individual giving programme; particularly for regular giving, community fundraising and legacy giving. We will look to you to develop innovative, robust and compelling fundraising approaches which deliver maximum return on investment.
As the head of a significant fundraising area, you will provide guidance and coaching to ensure that capacity and skills are strengthened within your team as well as providing support to offices delivering fundraising programmes to ensure there is an integrated and effective approach to income generation.
Important too will be the ability to monitor and evaluate performance to generate insight that can be used to drive improvements and develop tools to operate to the highest standards and maximum effectiveness.
Head of Individual Giving – Requirements
- Considerable relevant experience in a business-to-consumer marketing function, ideally within the not-for-profit sector
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent business or marketing qualification, or equivalent relevant experience
- Line management experience, including experience of managing, nurturing and developing managers.
- A strategic thinker, able to deliver effective marketing strategy and tactics.
- Experience of leading an individual giving programme, to include, ideally, acquisition, development and retention, legacy marketing or community fundraising.
- Experience in leading integrated fundraising activity to include digital channels, DRTV and direct mail.
- A track record in developing and managing complex, high value budgets.
- Strong analytical skills in audience research and segmentation
- Passionate about bringing about a world where animal cruelty ends, and animal welfare matters and able to convey this passion to acquire and retain supporters.
How to Apply
If you want to be part of our dynamic organisation and help us move the world to protect animals then please send us a copy of your CV, salary expectation and cover/motivation letters addressing your skills and experience relative to the role.
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we will not be acknowledging receipt of your application. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
World Animal Protection is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background.
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the advertised location at the time of application or be in the process of securing right to work in the advertised location.
Who are we?
We are World Animal Protection.
For over 50 years we have moved the world to protect animals.
We protect animals because we believe a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
We stop the exploitation of wild animals for entertainment and profit. We protect pets and working animals in communities across the globe. We campaign for better farm animal welfare and fight against factory farming. We also help animals when disaster strikes.
Our vision is a world where animals live free from suffering. We are working to help people to see how important animals are to all of us.
We are determined to influence decision makers to put animals on the global agenda and inspire people to change animals’ lives for the better. Today we’re working on projects to end animal suffering by helping governments and communities to protect and care for their animals.
Why Work for us?
We move the world to protect animals globally but there are many other reasons to join our organisation. We are a truly global organisation with offices in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Denmark, India, Kenya, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Sweden, Thailand, UK and USA. We employ over 380 people globally covering campaigns, media, fundraising, operations, finance, administration and human resources.
As well as competitive employee benefits we want our employees to grow with us and build their careers within World Animal Protection and therefore encourage internal applications. We have a strong track record of offering existing staff promotions as well as secondments and position changes within the organisation.