- To maintain and develop a portfolio of low-level value existing trust relationships.
- To lead on the development of WBRUK’s Trust and Grants programme through the cultivation of new relationships.
- To work collaboratively with WBR’s wider global Fundraising & Development team to source and collate information to strengthen proposals and in turn grow trust income levels in the UK.
- Reach the anticipated income targets for trust fundraising in the UK.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of World Bicycle Relief’s global strategy and programmes as well as the UK focus.
- Create and submit proposals and applications to trusts and other UK based grant-making organisations.
- Communicate World Bicycle Relief’s mission and programmes in a compelling way.
- Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with contacts at trusts and foundations
- Follow up with requests for additional information or acknowledgement of gifts.
- Work with the global M&E team to ensure that reports are accurate and timely.
- Keep careful records of proposals, submissions, approvals, and deadlines of grant applications.
- Plan and prioritise multiple grant applications and in an opportune manner.
- Work with the global Institutional Markets team, and closely with field teams and other relevant departments to collate information on WBR’s programme and project funding priorities.
· Within the WBRUK team, support the development of project plans across the global organisation to ensureanticipated milestones, inputs/outputs and outcomes are outlined to strengthen cases for support.
· Report regularly to CEO of WBRUK.
· When relevant, attend meetings representing WBRUK.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of two years’ experience of working in trust fundraising.
- Experience of managing a varied portfolio of relationships.
- Knowledge of the value of working collaboratively and experience of how this has helped achieve goals.
- Previously worked to fundraising income targets.
- Relevant and demonstrable experience of securing funding for small to large scale projects.
- Knowledge of using a fundraising CRM system to carry out day to day administrative duties.
- Understanding and experience of adhering to legal and ethical requirements pertaining to fundraising, confidentiality and GDPR.
- Knowledge of trusts landscape within International Development in the UK.
- Knowledge of the SDGs.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to build and develop relationships with colleagues and external supporters.
- Skilled at communicating to a wide range of audiences through writing and presenting.
- Computer literate including proficient use of Microsoft 365.
- Understanding of CRM systems – Salesforce experience beneficial.
- Able to prioritise own workload, deal with conflicting demands and meet tight deadlines.
- Motivation to deliver high quality work with minimum supervision.
- Ambitious, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Demonstrable numeracy skills and excellent attention to detail.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.