Creative Design Assistant
Two-year fixed-term contract
Salary: £15,000 per annum (FTE: £25,000), plus benefits
Part time – 22.5 hours (3 days) per week
Closing date: 5pm, Wednesday 29th September 2021
First Interviews: w/c 4th October 2021
An exciting opportunity for a Creative Design Assistant has arisen at World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF).
WCRF champions the latest and most authoritative scientific research from around the world on cancer prevention and survival through diet, weight and physical activity, so that we can empower people to make informed lifestyle choices to reduce their cancer risk.
We are seeking a Creative Design Assistant to work within, and assist, the Creative Design Team with the preparation of materials for print and digital outputs on a wide variety of publications and projects. There is a strong administrative side to the role which involves the digital archiving and management of images and assets and helping to maintain a photographic library including sourcing new material.
In addition to the required experience and personal attributes (set out in the attached Job Pack), candidates need to demonstrate the following skills in order to be considered at application stage:
- Knowledge and experience in a wide range of graphic design techniques and the various techniques and technologies used in print and digital production
- A strong interest, knowledge and understanding of photography with an eye for identifying good quality imagery, including understanding of composition, brand suitability and relevance
- Strong typographic and layout skills
- Extensive knowledge of Macintosh systems (hardware and software – including Adobe Creative Suite applications: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- A working knowledge of Microsoft packages, (Powerpoint, Word)
- Robust knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar
If you are interested in this role and feel you possess the necessary requirements, please submit a current CV, covering letter (maximum 1 page) and a PDF or slides with no more than 3 samples of recent work by the closing date specified.
Please note: You must have current right to work in the UK, and your cover letter should highlight how your skills and experience will benefit WCRF and equip you for the role.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to provide feedback to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.