Head of Operations
In a senior leadership role the Head of Operations will work with a committed team to fulfil the global vision of the WCCM. In this role you will be able to use your operational experience to run our organization as we respond to the exciting opportunities for expanding our service to a broad spectrum of individuals and institutions.
General Operational Management in the WCCM
- Supervise the Directors Group (Publications, Communications, IT, National Communities Liaison, School of Meditation). Chair the monthly operational meetings of the Directors group and coordinate their efforts to deliver the operational plan
- Manage the sources of revenue to support the work of the community especially from publications, retreats, online courses, seminars and outreach activities
- Be responsible for regular reports to the Trustees and Executive Committee covering income generation, finances, operations and updating on the strategic plan
- Implement a Performance Management structure for volunteers, staff and external contractors
- Coordinate with fundraising team and the WCCM Director to deliver required levels of donor management and support to build income
- Ensure that international events (seminars and retreats) are well managed and support local organisers.
- Ensure good coordination of information and activities between the international retreat centre and the London office
- Implement and be responsible for the Monitoring and Evaluating Framework, Safeguarding policy, Health and Safety policy, Data Protection policy across WCCM and ensure that WCCM meets all legal requirements as a UK Charity.
London Office Operations
- Oversee the WCCM organisational headquarters and ensure the smooth running of the office. All Admin staff will report to the COO.
Ensure all HR contracts (both Employees and Contractors) are standardised with roles clearly defined and complied with.
- Recruit new staff.
- Work closely with the Accounts Department and be responsible for providing full, accurate and timely financial information and management accounts, including the implementation of a model for creating budget holders.
The ideal candidates will sincerely share the vision and the mission of the Community.
They will also balance the spiritual nature of the community with its organisational needs and financial sustainability.
Their leadership style will be firm, confident and adjust between the different types of collaborators in the WCCM mission, e.g. between employees and volunteers.
They will have proven management and team-building skills and enjoy the challenge of working with a unique organisation that is now expanding its infrastructure and outreach on a foundation of 40 years of world-wide service. Skilled at motivating people across different locations and creating a sense of unity and common purpose among teams and groups around the world.
Experience and understanding of financial planning, reports and budgetary control. Mastery of detail and capacity to implement efficient administrative processes.
Experience in the Charity Sector
Experience working with a board or trustees
Proficiency in French
Terms and Conditions
The Head of Operations will report to the Director of WCCM.
They will work from WCCM International Office, St Mark’s, Myddelton Square, London EC1R 1XX
Full time employment – 9.30 am to 5.30 pm, 5 days a week.
Salary £60,000 per annum
Holidays 21 days plus public holidays and contributory pension.
The World Community for Christian Meditation is an international organisation and charity registered in England and Wales.
With a wide network of volunteers, we are present in a hundred countries with our organisational headquarters in London and a new retreat and conference centre in France. In an inclusive spirit in the Christian tradition, the community teaches meditation as a way of peace for personal and social transformation.
With the opening of our new international retreat centre and other new initiatives, the WCCM is at an important point of growth. We are looking to recruit for a major new position to lead the operations of our growing organisation