You should have strong organisational skills, be able to manage your time to meet project deliverables. You should also have demonstrable written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate messages and instructions authoritatively and clearly, with fluency in English, orally and in writing to a high standard
Using initiative to analyse a range of available information from different sources to solve day-to-day problems as they arise. Proven attention to detail, systematic and methodical.
• Part qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA), or able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Competence with small company financial packages, e.g. Sage 50
• Experience of developing complex spreadsheets (e.g. with look up tables) to streamline and automate processes and reporting
• Experience in setting up and maintaining financial procedures and controls within a computerised accounts environment.
• Experience in budget preparation and variance analysis.
Outline of tasks
Manage the balance sheet including performing monthly reconciliations and quarterly balance sheet reviews and prepare the trial balance.
Perform daily and monthly bank reconciliations
Prepare and post standard journals for accruals and prepayments
Monthly review of fixed assets and capital expenditure and preparation of depreciation calculations
Assisting with general ledger and automated reporting management including opening new nominal accounts and ensuring appropriate mapping of new account
Assist with the preparation of the monthly management accounts and month end reporting.
Assist with the yearend close, reporting and audit requirements.
Assist in the Budget and Forecasting processes
Assist the Head of Finance in developing and maintaining documented financial policies and procedures, which are available to WCPT staff, and to assist with monitoring of appropriate financial controls, ensuring that any necessary improvements are made.
Analysis and aggregation of financial transactions to calculate tax liabilities and preparing and submitting tax documents to relevant national authorities, including overseas.
Develop new and improved systems and solutions (including spreadsheets) in order to add value to WCPT’s systems and procedures.
Provide support for finance projects as they arise