The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
We are seeking to fill a Short Term position of Business Support Assistant G5, based in the WFP London Office in United Kingdon. Duration of appointment, 11 months renewable.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must reside within commuting distance of the duty station London, UK.
JOB PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
This role reports directly to the Head of the London Office. The role is to deliver a range of business support tasks to ensure the smooth running of the London Office. The incumbent will maintain the financial records up-to-date and will perform travel arrangements and procurement activities among others.
- Support the Head of Office (manage calendar, correspondence, take minutes etc.)
- Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources
- Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence
- Make travel arrangements, raise TAs in WINGS and record and monitor financial commitments in WINGS
- Compile the monthly financial closure package
- Support the procurement of goods and services
- Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance
- Manage/maintain records and databases to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff
- Proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc.
- Contribute to the improvement of business procedures and processes
- Collect and perform basic data analysis to contribute to quality business information management
- Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available
- Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services
- Perform other related functions as required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of specialized common business practices and methods gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high-quality support service.
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
- Has some experience resolving computer’s technical issues
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions.
- Fluency in English is required.
Terms and Conditions: WFP offers a competitive compensation package that will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Applicants must be: UK nationals holding a valid passport and/or identity card OR non-UK citizens holding a valid UK Resident and work permit.
Deadline for applications: 31 January 2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.