Reports to: Head of Communications
Line Management: Communications and Engagement officer/ Intern
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1 Strategy, Development and Implementation
- Work effectively with Head of Communications to develop communications strategies
- Lead the development and delivery of impactful and successful campaigns including World Hepatitis Day (WHD) and NOhep
- Managing third party suppliers and consultants
- Writing and proofreading
- Event management
- Liaising with the Office administrator to ensure timely translation
- Manage campaign-specific budgets
- Produce a summary report of activities
2 Online content management
- Day-to-day management of the WHA websites, including updating and ongoing monitoring, gaining input from other WHA staff
- Ensure the planning and implementation of the longer-term development of the site to ensure it continues to achieve its objectives
- Take responsibility for the management of the WHA and NOhep social media accounts
- Source and create original content to raise awareness, including writing articles, blog posts, graphics, guidance and general pages
- Provide regular website and social media analysis and feedback
3 Media and Publications Content
- Write content for the WHA monthly magazine; Annual Report and Quarterly Reports
- Write for other journals, publications and blogs
- Assist the Head of Communications with press releases and media relations
4 Design of Materials and Assets
- Design social media graphics, infographics and reports
- Design and coordinate the publication of the monthly magazine
- Manage the creation and distribution of images, videos and case studies
5 Members’ Communications
- Manage the member contact inbox and deal with queries, issues etc.
- Produce regular member communications
- Produce project specific updates and reports
6 Line management
- Onboard, interview and manage Interns and the Communications and Engagement Officer
- Hold regular supervisions and provide development feedback
- Be flexible and carry out other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned in line with the broad remit of the post
- Maintain and improve competencies through continuous professional development.
- Abide by organisational policies, codes of conduct and practices
- Support and promote diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace
- Treat with confidentiality any personal, private or sensitive information about individual organisations and or clients or staff etc.
This job description does not form part of the contract and may be amended to suit the changing needs of the service.
- Significant experience working in a marketing/PR/communications environment
- Clear understanding of membership organisations or the not for profit sector
- Developing and implementing communications strategies
- Managing suppliers to ensure they deliver on time, to budget and to spec.
- Managing organisational social media
Skills and abilities:
- Clear, precise and engaging writing skills; including experience of producing articles, reports and blog content
- Clear attention to detail with accurate proof reading skills
- Social media content and management skills
- Project management – proven ability to manage complex projects from start to finish
- Organisational and planning skills with an ability to multi-task, lead on certain areas and meet tight deadlines
- Creative thinking and writing capability and the confidence to input own ideas
- Confident communicating with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Adopt a forward thinking and solution-focused approach and make decisions under pressure
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with members, partners, suppliers and staff.
- IT skills at a level that supports report writing, email, internet and database management,
- Confident in using online analytics to assess effectiveness of campaigns on a regular basis and using feedback to inform future campaigns
- A working understanding of global health issues
- Capacity building strategies for Civil Society (ideally)
- Knowledge of the Adobe suite of software
- Experience in using website CMS (Drupal and Wordpress preferable)
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience.
Personal attributes and other requirements:
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Willingness (and ability) to travel overseas
- Awareness of the need for confidentiality, sensitivity and respect cross cultures
- Commitment to anti-discriminatory practice and equal opportunities. An ability to apply awareness of diversity issues to all areas of work.
To apply for this position please complete the attached application form and send it via email button below.
The deadline for submitting applications is 8am on Wednesday 21st November.