Do you have the passion, drive and commitment to deliver inspiring and unique event experiences?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced events manager to join our dynamic team at the World Hepatitis Alliance to deliver a high-profile global event. We are a small but ambitious not-for-profit organisation looking for a highly organised and motivated individual with experience in managing a similar large-scale event.
Brief description of the event
The World Hepatitis Summit (WHS) is a unique global conference which is focused on public health and provides a platform for the hepatitis community to share ideas, experiences and best practices to drive progress forward to make the elimination of viral hepatitis by 2030 a reality. It is scheduled to take place in late 2021 and will build on the success of the previous two summits which were held in Scotland (2015) and Brazil (2017). WHS 2021 will take place in Bangkok, Thailand but in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic will be delivered in a hybrid event with both face-to-face and online components. As such we are looking for someone who is confident in delivering this new format in order to provide an innovative experience for delegates.
Terms: Fixed contract for 12 months (37.5 hours per week)
Reports to: Head of Programmes
Location: Central London (currently operating on a work-from-home basis)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and office closure between Christmas and New Year. Pension contribution of up to 5% of qualifying earnings.
Main purpose and scope
The events manager is responsible for the planning and delivery of the third World Hepatitis Summit. The Summit is a four-day international conference and capacity building event. The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day management and delivery of the event. A professional conference organiser (PCO) will be contracted to provide additional administrative support.
Duties and key responsibilities
· End-to-end event management, including detailed delivery planning and comprehensive risk assessments
· Be the point of contact for all committees and other relevant stakeholders involved with WHS 2021 and maintain good working relationships will all concerned
· Organise, chair and facilitate meetings as required, distribute actions logs and conduct follow-up
· Manage suppliers to ensure delivery on time, to budget and to specification
· Report regularly on progress
· Lead post-event evaluations to measure the success, learnings and results of WHS 2021
· Report monthly on event income and expenditure and revise event plans and budgets when required
· Be the first point of contact within WHA for any enquires relating to WHS 2021
· Support the CEO, Head of Programmes and other members of the team in fundraising for WHS 2021
· Work with the communications team to promote and publicise WHS 2021
This job description does not form part of the contract and may be amended to suit the changing needs of the event and the organization.
· Proven experience working in an event manager role - developing and delivering large scale conferences, from inception to delivery
· Experience delivering virtual events through online events platforms
· Experience delivering international events (preferable)
· Experience working for a membership organisation or in the not-for-profit sector
· Experience working in cross functional teams
Skills and ability
· Confident communicating with people from different cultural backgrounds and from all levels
· Ability to focus on multiple tasks at the same time
· Ability to manage workloads to meet tight deadlines
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Proactive attitude to problem solving
· Creative and innovative
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to travel overseas as required
WHA are currently operating on a work-from-home basis.
The World Hepatitis Alliance actively promotes equality, diversity, and inclusivity within the organisation and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.