Main Purpose And Scope Of The Job
The Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Head of Programmes in the delivery of our ongoing projects. This includes monitoring project plans, organising and participating in stakeholder meetings and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
Position In Organisation
Reports to: Head of Programmes
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, budgets and expenditures
- Be the point of contact for stakeholders and ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution
- Organise, chair and facilitate internal meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes / actions log
- Organise and manage all logistics for external meetings/events where appropriate
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Undertake project tasks and lead on some aspects of implementation as required
- Ensure project deadlines are met
- Report regularly on progress
- Support the development of project strategies
- Ensure programme operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project
- Provide administrative support across programmes as needed
- Uphold the values of the organisation and support and promote diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace
- Be flexible and carry out other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned in line with the broad remit of the post
- Maintain and improve competencies through continuous professional development
- Abide by organisational policies, code of conduct and practice
- Treat with confidentiality any personal, private or sensitive information about individual organisations and or clients or staff etc.
The job description does not form part of the contract and may be amended to suit the changing needs of the service.
- At least 3 years' experience of working in a project management team
- Clear understanding of membership organisations or not for profit sector
Skills and abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Sound planning and coordination skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Competency in MS Office
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships and work successfully with people at all levels
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to manage own workload to meet tight deadlines
- A bachelor's degree in a related field of study
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Sensitivity to different cultures and work styles
- Demonstrable personal commitment to the mission of WHA
- A positive, "can do" attitude and flexible approach
- A commitment to the success of the project
- A sense of humour
To apply for this position please complete the attached application form.
The deadline for submitting applications is 5pm on Wednesday 21st November.
The successful candidate will be expected to start at the beginning of January 2019.