Want to make a sales move from the private sector? We’d love to hear from you!
Working at the cutting edge of the climate emergency on the climate impact of food; you will be responsible for business development for our anchor programs – the Cool Food Pledge and Cool Food Meals in Europe.
You’ll use your sales acumen and business development experience to recruit new members to the movement with a particular focus on organizations that serve food at scale e.g. restaurants, universities, hotels and hospitality outlets and cities.
This position is based from home due to Covid-19, but you will be based at WRI’s office in the Hague, Netherlands or London, UK once restrictions have lifted. A second European language is very desirable.
Sales and recruitment (50%)
- Develop and implement a strategic sales plans for Cool Food, with a particular focus on Europe and the UK
- Manage pitches and develop sales materials
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key contacts in potential and new member (customer) accounts.
- Build and promote healthy, long-lasting member relations by proactively managing expectations
- Use customer voice to inform the development of member experiences, resources and insights in collaboration with the rest of the team.
- Liaise with engagement colleagues - overseeing a seamless relationship management experience for members.
- Bachelor's degree in a business discipline or 2 additional years of experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience required
- Proven track record in new business development with a record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales and revenue targets
- Strong selling, negotiating, and influencing skills
- Experience of relationship management from business development to cultivating longer-term relationships
- Evidence of excellence in managing customer expectations and needs
- Experience with the food sector, ideally within the hospitality or contract catering industry
- Business acumen; an appreciation of business timelines and commercial needs
- Strong project management skills, with an ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. An ability to present complex findings in a way that is credible but also understandable for non-experts
- As a part of a growing team, you will need to be reliable and willing to take responsibility for the details of projects, meetings and assignments
- Fluency in a second European language, preferably German or French, is an advantage.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter with resume. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
Potential Annual Salary: London £37,000- £46,250 - The Hague €57,217 - € 59,022. Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors. Deadline for applications 16 August 2021.
Agriculture accounts for about a quarter of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions and is the number one cause of deforestation. Shifting diets from meat, especially beef and lamb, towards more plants is a major lever in tackling these challenges. However, meat consumption continues to grow throughout much of the world. WRI seeks to change that. An early mover in this agenda, WRI has established two world-class initiatives focused on dietary change.
The first, the Better Buying Lab, brings together behavioural scientists with businesses and academics to develop cutting-edge research into how consumers can be nudged towards more sustainable food choices. The Lab’s research agenda stretches from the United States to Europe, and from China to Brazil.
To then scale impact, our Cool Food initiative works with the companies to make changes that encourage consumers to choose more sustainable, plant-rich options. Established in 2018, Cool Food consists of two elements: (i) the Cool Food Pledge, which works with 60 organizations that serve over 1 billion meals a year to cut the emissions of the food they serve, and (ii) Cool Food Meals, a consumer-facing label that influences more than 600 million meals a year.
Cool Food has been covered extensively in the media, won a series of awards, and collaborates with major multinational companies such as IKEA, Hilton, and Nestlé. Within the next few years we will expand the geographic reach of the initiative and radically scale the number of meals that are under its influence.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges, and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $150 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 1,000+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.