Salary: £30,763 - £36,192 per annum, depending on experience + good range of benefits
Contract: Permanent – 36.5 hours per week
Based: Milton Keynes
Championing and delivering quality digital analytics and insight to drive increasingly effective campaigns and supporter experiences that will help change children’s lives for the better
World Vision is an international children’s charity working with children, their communities, and with supporters and partners, in almost 100 countries.
Through long-term development projects, emergency responses and advocacy we’ve helped bring lasting change to millions of children, over more than 60 years. And as a Christian organisation, everything we do is motivated by our faith as we strive to reflect God’s unconditional love.
Work for World Vision UK and you will be part of a truly global Partnership, building brighter futures for vulnerable children.
Could it be you we’re looking for?
World Vision is looking for a talented Data Scientist with the skills to provide insight into our supporter base, marketing activities to bring them to life for key stakeholders in a way which enables us to connect with our audiences and continuously improves effectiveness.
You would play a pivotal part in the digital transformation of World Vision UK, with the primary responsibility of reinvigorating our approach to data science and would be vital in ensuring that strong data insights are at the heart of decision-making.
Bringing your current analytic skillset, ideally with experience of R & Python, alongside other data manipulation and visualisation skills, such as SQL and Power BI, you will help us drive a data driven approach and understanding through a wide range of reporting and data analysis including:
- Building Data Mining, Analysis and Predictive capability to support fundraising and marketing activity
- Through the development of key statistical models which address key business problems aligned with driving an understanding of what makes our marketing and fundraising activities successful, how selections are optimised and the segmentation of the supporter base.
- Introduce state-of the art Data mining methods to uncover trends and release opportunities within the data available
- Provide feedback and insight which is actionable in cooperation with our CRM Data team
- Actively pursue and influence a culture of continuous improvement (test and measure) within the Public Engagement team to enable us to deliver an unparalleled experience for our supporters.
- Develop key statistical models to aid selection and targeting of marketing activity to improve ROI
- Track performance of recommendations and update models and feedback accordingly
3. Data reporting tools and cross-function collaboration
- Utilise the centralised data Architecture to build & automate reports via Power BI
- Collaborate in the delivery of self-service analytics
- Focus on delivering a data driven approach across the organisation
As well as having the organisational backing to succeed, we will invest in your development and professional growth, so you stay at the leading edge of digital analytics and ensure World Vision is making the most of its investments.
All applicants must be willing to work within a Christian framework and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
In addition to the salary offered, we offer good benefits including pension, generous holiday entitlement and free parking (MK only).
Please upload your CV of full employment history explaining any gaps of employment and reasons for leaving your previous employer. This must be accompanied with a covering letter stating how you meet the essential criteria given in the Job Description.
Closing Date for applications: 20th November 2019
Interview Dates: Expected to be during w/c 2nd December 2019
World Vision UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. We welcome applications from people representing all sections of the community. World Vision UK also operates flexible working policies and practices.
As a child focused organisation, World Vision UK is committed to the safeguarding of children, therefore any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of applicable background checks, including a criminal records check.
By submitting your application, you understand and accept that World Vision UK will process the data you provide for the purposes of your application and in accordance with the World Vision UK - Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be accessed on our website.
No agencies please.