PROPOSAL WRITER – Trusts, Foundations & Corporate Donors
Salary: circa £36,000 per annum, depending on experience + good range of benefits
Contract: Permanent – 36.5 hours per week
Based: Milton Keynes (Hybrid) or London
- Do you have a passion for taking an idea from inception to fruition?
- Are you a skilled communicator, able to adapt your style depending upon the audience?
- Can you manage multiple stakeholders and deadlines?
- Do you have experience of securing high value donations as a result of writing compelling proposals?
If you do, come and join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s lives!
About World Vision:
World Vision works with the most vulnerable children, so they’re empowered to overcome poverty and injustice, and experience fullness of life. Inspired by our Christian faith, we serve alongside children of all faiths and none through long-term development projects, emergency responses and advocacy in almost 100 countries.
With over 70 years of experience, our work with communities, donors, partners, and governments transforms lives and creates opportunities for better futures for vulnerable children even in the toughest places.
Work for World Vision UK and you will be part of a truly global Partnership, building brighter futures for vulnerable children.
As the Proposal Writer, you will lead the acquisition processes and strengthen WVUK’s ability to manage trusts, foundations and corporate opportunities. This will encompass the coordination of pre-positioning as well as submission.
We are keen to find a candidate with the following qualities, experience and education:
· A graduate with experience of submitting successful proposals to trusts, foundations and corporate donors and experience working with and developing and/or managing multiple consortium partners.
· You will be a highly organised person, able to manage expectations and prioritise competing demands.
· Proactive and tenacious in identifying and pursuing new funding opportunities, you know what it means to be financially astute and risk aware, with keen risk management skills, you have been proven to possess a thorough approach to risk mitigation and management.
· You will have experience of supplier relations and meeting their technical and financial requirements and a familiarity and confidence in navigating relevant requirements.
· Strong relational, outstanding interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills.
· Strong administrative and organizational skills.
The role will require you to:
· Work collaboratively across several key stakeholders and their respective teams within WVUK and the wider WV Global Partnership (Field Offices, Regional Offices and World Vision International (WVI)).
· Effectively engage and manage relationships with external networks, including trusts, foundations and corporate partners.
· Assess WVUK’s capability and capacity to engage in selected opportunities.
· Effectively execute pre-positioning and design processes.
· Other areas as outlined in the Job Description.
As an active Christian (Permitted under Schedule 9, Part 1 of The Equality Act 2010), this role offers you the opportunity to integrate your Christian faith and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
In addition to the salary offered, we offer good benefits including pension, generous holiday entitlement and free parking (MK only).
** We reserve the right to interview candidates and close the ad ahead of the closing date should a strong candidate be identified **
**Please note that you MUST be holding the Right to work in the UK documentation as unfortunately this role is not sponsored**
Closing Date for applications: 16 June 2022
Interview Dates: TBC
Please upload your CV of full employment history explaining any gaps of employment and reasons for leaving your previous employer. This must be accompanied with a covering letter stating how you meet the essential criteria given in the Job Description.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our Christian organisation. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entire World Vision family. As such, World Vision is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented sections of the community. World Vision UK also operates flexible working policies and practices.
As a child focused organisation, World Vision UK is committed to the safeguarding of children, therefore any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of applicable background checks, including a criminal records check.
World Vision UK is a registered organisation operating the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS) and we shall check with your previous employers about your behaviour and conduct. We will be requesting they complete a form known as a Statement of Conduct. For more information see our website.
By submitting your application, you understand and accept that World Vision UK will process the data you provide for the purposes of your application and in accordance with the World Vision UK - Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our website.
No agencies please.