We’re looking for a Head of Fundraising and Philanthropy
Salary: Circa £48k
Base: Central Edinburgh
Hours: Permanent. The working week will be 35 hours with core working hours between 10am - 3pm, Monday to Friday with a one-hour lunch break. A flexible working policy is offered. The office is be open from 7am – 7pm daily and from 19 October 2021, an initial test of hybrid working will begin. All full-time, office-based staff will be required to work at least two days per week in the office.
Benefits: Pension scheme with a 10% employer contribution. 33 days’ paid holiday annually, plus four public holidays as paid leave days each year over Christmas and New Year. A Cycle to Work scheme is available.
Who are we? Worldwide Cancer Research is the UK charity that will end cancer by starting cancer cures worldwide. 1 in 2 people in the UK will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. For us, that’s 1 in 2 too many. Being a small, spirited charity with a global reach allows us to be open, honest, and personal with our supporters and fund the world’s best science.
We are looking for a Head of Fundraising and Philanthropy to lead our growth strategy and help us innovate and diversify income generation towards our aim of starting 100 cures every year within the next 10 years. Scientists across the world are ready to conquer cancer, are you?
Key information about the role
Are you an inspirational leader and strategist with the ability to create change and bring fundraisers together to create real change in the world? Can you work across organisations to influence and collaborate with other teams towards achieving a common purpose? Are you brave in the face of challenge, and have the entrepreneurial mindset to try new things?
Worldwide Cancer Research is looking for a Head of Fundraising and Philanthropy to drive our growth strategy and nurture our fundraising culture as we enter a new phase of our Curestarter supporter strategy. You will lead a newly created function within the charity, focused on fundraising but working collaboratively across the Marketing, Fundraising and Communications directorate to inspire Curestarters and stakeholders all over the world.
Our Head of Fundraising and Philanthropy will be:
- A visionary and creative leader, grounded in strategy and pragmatism but with the ability to unify and inspire the team to innovate and grow income
- Data-driven, with great insight and problem-solving skills, the ability to drive improved return on investment through efficiencies, but the bravery to test and learn to deliver long-term supporter lifetime value
- An engaging and influential member of #teamworldwide with the energy and desire to implement change, drive fundraising culture and network with peers in the world of fundraising
• Please email your tailored CV (no more than two pages) and covering letter outlining your suitability for this role.
• Closing date is, Monday, 25th October, 12 noon.
• First interviews will be held on Friday, 5th November. A second stage will follow.
• Please note your covering letter will be key to the success of your application.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.