A new and stimulating role which will allow the right candidate to make an indelible impact in support of two ambitious charities. You’ll be responsible for increasing fundraised income – both in real terms and as a percentage of the overall funding mix – with an emphasis on individual donors and fundraisers. You will focus on retention to increase every supporter’s tenure and lifetime value while ensuring the right audiences are targeted to broaden support.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- In conjunction with fundraising and marketing colleagues, devise, plan and lead the execution of exceptional fundraising appeals to meet agreed targets.
- Conceive and deliver an outstanding donor care programme, building trust and affinity with each charity thus leading to an increase in long-term support.
- Working with the Fundraising & Communications Manager, grow voluntary income from both cold and warm audiences through the development of new giving propositions and fundraising opportunities.
- Regular communication with our fundraisers to ensure they receive the support they need to maximise their fundraising efforts.
- Understand each charity’s target audiences, identifying the right offers to engage existing supporters and entice new donors.
- Day-to-day management of the charity’s CRM system (Donorfy).
- Help with fundraising administration including sending welcome packs, fundraising materials, mailings etc. along with answering fundraising queries.
- Guide the Junior Marketing & Fundraising Officer in line with the above work.
- Attend networking and other events to raise both charity’s profiles and meet agreed targets.
- Undertake administrative and support tasks along with assisting the Head Office team in daily operations.
- Some evening and weekend working, to include travel, will likely be required.
Essential Skills & Experience
- 3+ years’ relevant experience – ideally focused on Individual Giving.
- Experience of charity CRM systems (Donorfy an advantage, but not a necessity).
- Working knowledge of regulations including GDPR and the Code of Fundraising Practice.
- Excellent copy writing and communication skills – with a willingness to talk to lots of people about the work we do.
- A proactive and independent approach to work with effective time management to deliver a range of projects to an exceptional standard.
- A strong team player.
- Excellent attention to detail and pride in delivering high-quality work.
Desired Skills & Experience
- In addition to a strong understanding of Individual Giving, those applicants with experience in other areas of fundraising (e.g. Events, Community Fundraising or Partnerships) will be looked on favourably.
- Examples of leading cash and/or regular giving appeals using direct mail and digital channels.
- Experience of developing a stewardship programme to retain existing supporters.
- A passion for animal welfare.
Interviews will be held at our office in Cranborne in the week commencing 3rd February. Please let us know in your application if you will not be available this week.
About The Charities
Worldwide Veterinary Service is a forward-thinking charity based in Cranborne, Dorset. We're about saving lives - animals and people - and provide veterinary resources all over the world - especially in countries where veterinary aid and assistance are limited. We do this by deploying teams of vets and vet nurses, as well as by sending equipment and supplies to help struggling organisations on the front line of animal welfare. We also train vets - we have established three international training centres (two in India, one in Thailand) and we work on one health projects such as strategic rabies elimination campaigns with Governments and NGOs all over the world.
Last year, WVS treated over 80,000 animals, trained over 700 vets, deployed teams of vets all over the world, and sent over 900 parcels of veterinary supplies to over 70 countries.
We work synergistically with our sister charity, Mission Rabies. This charity was established by WVS and sends teams to global rabies hotspots. Despite being 100% vaccine preventable, rabies is still the world’s most deadly zoonotic disease. It kills 59,000 people annually, most of whom are children. As 99% of all human rabies cases are caused by infected dog bites, Mission Rabies follows World Health Organization guidelines to run mass canine vaccination programmes in Ghana, India, Malawi, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Uganda and Tanzania. To date we have vaccinated over 1,000,000 dogs and rabies educated over 2 million children in the last three years. We have virtually eliminated child rabies deaths in several of our project sites as a result of our projects.
Both charities run from the same office and this position will have cross over between the two, reporting to the Fundraising & Communications Manager.