Are you passionate about community buildings and the difference volunteers and community participation can make? Are you an excellent communicator with business and organisational skills? Do you have experience of working with charity Trustees?
Could you help Wormley and Turnford Big Local to deliver positive outcomes for the local community and beyond?
We are looking for someone who is committed, enthusiastic, patient and friendly to join and lead our team.
This post will initially concentrate on the successful re-opening and refurbishment of the Wormley Community Centre. Working closely with a commissioned Fundraiser and Architect / Project Manager, you will be responsible for developing the business, maximising use of the facilities available and identifying new opportunities by means of effective marketing, networking and innovative solutions. You will provide support to the Trustees of the new charity, Broxbourne Big Local (BBL) being developed by the partnership of Wormley and Turnford Big Local (WTBL).
From March 2022, the role will become full-time and the post- holder will be the Senior Officer responsible for all staff management and for overseeing the full WTBL Big Local programme, including overall responsibility for liaising with WTBL Partnership, Local Trust Representative, CVSBEH as the Locally Trusted Organisation (LTO) as well as the BBL Trustees.
Essential Experience, Skills and Qualities:
- Experience of managing community buildings and/or art centres
- Experience in Business or Project management
- Good understanding of financial budgets
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to manage and support other staff
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Knowledge of charity procedures and/or the Voluntary and Community Sector
- Ability to effectively engage and include local residents
- Ability to prioritise work and deadline demands
- Ability to network well on behalf of WTBL
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Excellent communication/presentation skills – written and verbal
- A high level of attention to detail
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- Ability to be proactive and demonstrate initiative
- Enthusiastic and creative approach
- Confident and self-motivated
- A strong commitment to community-based services and volunteers
- Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Ability to travel independently ideally with own transport
- Knowledge of the community and geography of Wormley and Turnford
This post will require an Enhanced DBS Check
Please send your completed application by 12.00 noon on Tuesday, 1st June 2021
We expect that Interviews will be held on Friday, 11th June 2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.