WriteUnite is a non-profit on a mission to ensure young people across the globe can express their thoughts and feelings, and be heard. We work with young people around the world to gather their thoughts and feelings about global issues and then publish them for the world to see.
We are looking for a creative Communications Assistant to join us. You will be supporting the full range of our marketing and outreach efforts, helping us amplify the voices of young people around the world. You will also have the opportunity to take responsibility for key marketing areas including implementing our social media strategy.
- Develop, create and curate engaging content (written, video and photo/illustrative as required).
- Research into ideas and content.
- Maintain a content calendar and implement posting and scheduling for our social media platforms, adapting content to suit different channels and audiences.
- Facilitate our online community by responding to messages, enquiries and comments, and encouraging engagement.
- Establish and monitor basic metrics to track ongoing communications impact.
- Support the publication and launch campaigns of our next project.
- Help with other marketing and publicity duties as needed.
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills.
- Interest and expertise in online marketing strategies and social media platforms.
- Proficiency with Canva and/or Photoshop.
- Commitment to, or experience of, working in youth development.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Initially a part-time, six-month contract for 2 days per week with flexible hours and remote working.
Salary: £23,500 pro rata.
WriteUnite is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We welcome job applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experience