Assistant, Nature and People 2020 Team
80% working type
Fixed Term Contract until 15 June 2020
WWF International in Woking, UK.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a motivated and highly organised professional to join the Global Coordination team for the major flagship programme, New Deal for Nature and People 2020.
Despite decades of effort, global trends on the loss of nature remain deeply alarming. Urgent action is needed to reverse biodiversity loss in the next decade and restore natural ecosystems that underpin humanity’s sustainable development.
To move this topic up the global agenda in 2020, WWF has launched an ambitious, integrated network initiative steered by top leadership, and supported by all offices and functions across the Network.
In this role you will be required to assist in the day-to-day designated administrative duties in fulfilling the key functions of the busy, high profile team.
- Assists the Coordinator and the Global Coordination team in the day-to-day designated administrative duties, and in fulfilling the key functions of the team and to liaise effectively with other WWF International Divisions, Practices and WWF National Organizations, Programme Offices and Associates, as well as external partners and contacts. Operate and perform to the highest professional standards, with independence, diversified secretarial duties and designated administrative duties using initiative and judgment, organizational skills and knowledge of company policy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Coordinator and coordination team in their management and leadership functions.
- Coordinates logistics for relevant internal meetings and external events as necessary, prepares documentation for assigned meetings and monitors follow-up
- Organises agenda, meetings and appointments for the Coordinator and streamlines requests and workloadEdits and drafts correspondence, reports and documents
- Creates presentations and spreadsheets
- Provides support for meetings, conferences or specific subjects and coordinates and prepares all relevant documents and briefing packs, and takes detailed or summarized notes where applicable
- Organises travel and accommodation for the Coordinator and coordination team, including negotiating airfares, air-miles and CO² calculations and itineraries
- Liaises with Finance and HR teams as necessary.
- Support the Coordination Team and key staff to ensure that policies and procedures regarding spending are followed and that the process of spending is efficient
- Provide general office support functions for core team members (e.g. photocopying, managing office equipment and supplies, taking phone enquiries, etc).
- Ensures all team members are informed of and compliant with appropriate WWF policies and procedures (e.g. travel, leave).
- Undertakes other tasks as assigned by the Coordinator
- Secretarial/ Administration diploma from a secretarial college, or equivalent;
- Experience as a secretary/assistant to a senior management function.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent organisation skills, ability to prioritize; attention to details;
- Proactive attitude and ability to take initiative and work independently;
- At ease dealing with people and tasks at different levels;
- Excellent team player with good networking and interpersonal skills;
- Good awareness and sensitivity of different cultures and ability to communicate cross-culturally;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both English, any other language an advantage;
- Excellent computer knowledge and office software, including Excel, graphs, PowerPoint, internet, intranet, and database;
- An interest in the field of nature conservation, organisational strategy, planning and performance;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging;
- Clearly demonstrates behaviours aligned to the culture of WWF: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly and Innovate Fearlessly.
All candidates applying to WWF International should have a genuine interest in conservation and the work of WWF and be able to clearly demonstrate behaviours aligned to our culture within WWF:
Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly and Innovate Fearlessly.
If you are interested in this position please click on the Apply button which will take you through to the website where you can upload your application as one file your covering letter and CV. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
*Please note we are reviewing applications as they are submitted so, if you are interested in the role, we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Deadline for applications: by 31 July 2019.
Work permit restrictions may apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.