FUNDRAISING AND DATABASE ASSISTANT
Rainforest Trust UK is looking for an experienced and motivated Fundraising and Database Assistant to support our growing fundraising team. The successful candidate must have a proven track record of working with charity databases, assisting with fundraising initiatives and dealing with donors. He/She must also be able to demonstrate a genuine passion for rainforest protection and be able to work independently and flexibly. This is an ideal opportunity for someone ready to take the next step in their career in the charity sector in a role that will enable you to make a real difference in a committed team with big ambitions.
Position: Fundraising and Database Assistant
Contract: Full time (six-month probation period)
Salary: £21,000-24,000 p.a. (Inclusive of London Weighting)
Location: London Bridge / Bankside
About Us: Rainforest Trust UK is a fast-growing British charity working in close partnership with Rainforest Trust in the USA, which has been protecting rainforests and other tropical ecosystems for over 30 years. Rainforest Trust UK was set up three years ago to increase the organisation’s presence and donor base in the UK, and to raise money for Rainforest Trust’s projects worldwide.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain Rainforest Trust UK’s donor database (Charity Engine).
- Deal promptly with donations received via a variety of pathways (online, cheque, cash, PayPal, BACS transfers, etc.).
- Work in close partnership with the Fundraising Manager to steward donor relationships by corresponding with supporters by email, letter and phone.
- Keep accurate and detailed records of donations received via a variety of donation portals and crowdfunding websites (the Charities Aid Foundation, Charities Trust, JustGiving, GoFundMe, Virgin Money, Amazon Smile, Benevity, etc.).
- Assist the fundraising team in sending out appeals and newsletters by email and post.
- Monitor and manage donations from our regular monthly donors.
- Prepare and send out Conservation Certificates to donors.
- Prepare HMRC Gift Aid claims and maintain records of Gift Aid donations and payments.
- Simple book-keeping (donation records, expenditure, Gift Aid receipts, etc.).
- Provide logistical support for public engagement (e.g. send promotional and fundraising material to schools and supporters doing sponsored events).
- Liaise with Rainforest Trust staff in the USA on database management, donor records and other administrative issues.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in running and maintaining a donor database for a charity or similar organisation.
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service disposition.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to personalise standard correspondence (thank you emails, monthly donation reminders, etc.)
- The ability to manage his/her own workload, prioritise tasks and respond promptly to donor queries with minimal supervision, while also working as part of a wider team.
- Excellent IT skills and experience of working with Google Drive, Excel, Word and Gmail.
- Working knowledge of Fundraising Regulator and Data Protection / GDPR principles, and other relevant law and best practice guidance.
- A personal commitment to rainforest protection and empathy with Rainforest Trust’s mission.
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter to the Executive Director, Chris Redston, via the CharityJobs button below. Closing date for applications is 11.30 pm on Friday 11th October. Interviews will take place before the end of October. We look forward to hearing from you!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.