Aims of the role
The Supporter Engagement team is responsible for communications and fundraising for Wycliffe Bible Translators. The Donor Relations Coordinator will support the Head of Donor Relations to manage our individual giving channel and workflow, for the work of Wycliffe. This will be a varied role which includes developing donor journeys, managing the donor lifecycle for individual donors, helping coordinate donor events, undertaking donor research, as well as providing general support to the team.
This is a great opportunity to gain a range of communications and fundraising experience in this growing charity. The role will be in keeping with Wycliffe’s mission to be an expression of the Christian life and faith.
1. Donor communications and workflow coordination
- Draft content for project impact reports for donors
- Manage distribution of project impact reports
- Organise donor activities and events in line with planned strategy outcomes
- Foster relationships with internal and external staff and partners
- Collaborate with communications team to produce copy for regular internal and external communications
- Work with the fundraising team to implement strategies for increasing income across individual giving streams
- Provide administrative support for individual giving, including thank you letters
- Be confident and willing to talk to supporters about their faith, their generosity as a response to the love of God and offer to pray for people where appropriate
- Work-flow coordination of Supporter Engagement projects from design to production
- Oversee the communications calendar, ensuring that it is updated by the team with scheduling conflicts resolved and tasks completed on time
- Monitor and follow up tasks to ensure all scheduled projects are completed within the requested deadline
- Make real-time decisions on prioritisation of projects and workflow across the Supporter Engagement team
2. Active participation in Wycliffe’s team and support for Wycliffe’s mission
- To help build and develop Wycliffe’s ethos and Christian life as a team member; including leading and contributing to daily collective prayer (when attending Wycliffe Offices) and team prayer meetings as an integral part of Wycliffe’s operation and for the success of its mission.
This role requires someone motivated by their Christian faith with a deep personal concern for world mission to serve in this unique role with Wycliffe.
- Experience in written and online communications
- Self-starter, able to use own initiative and work independently, but also as part of a diverse team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective administration skills with a high attention to detail, including the ability to organise events
- Clear, friendly telephone manner
- IT literate, proficient in the use of Microsoft/online packages
- High degree of personal organisation and self-management, with the ability to prioritise, multitask and work to deadlines
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Willing to travel widely throughout the UK
- Willing to lead teams and support management on overseas trips with donors to visit projects in the field when needed.
- Passionate about Wycliffe’s aims, and personally committed to cross-cultural mission
- Trustworthy and honest
- Able to develop good working relationships internally and externally
- Experience in fundraising
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience with client based databases, ideally Salesforce
- Full drivers licence