Aims of the role
The Financial Controller will lead Wycliffe’s accounting, financial management and financial reporting ensuring the provision of timely information to support the Leadership Team in their decision making. The post holder will have day to day responsibility for the Finance function, managing a team of six staff.
● Support the DFO in reporting to the Leadership Team, Board of Trustees and Finance & Legal Committee
● Line management of the Finance Manager and Purchase Ledger Manager
● Preparation of monthly management accounts
● Support the DFO in the annual budgeting process
● Monitoring and developing finance systems and processes in collaboration with the DFO and the Business Systems team
● Working closely with the Finance team to promote efficient system usage and process automation
● Ensuring implementation of Wycliffe’s financial controls, including reconciliations
● Oversee the smooth running of the Finance department
● Manage the year-end audit, and the preparation of statutory accounts, annual report and returns
● Represent the finance department on cross-team working groups
● Undertake other finance functions as required by the DFO including deputising for the DFO
● Participate in, and occasionally lead, daily staff prayer meetings.
This post is subject to an Occupational Requirement that the post holder is a committed evangelical Christian under Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.