Aims of the role
The People Team of Wycliffe Bible Translators focuses on the recruitment, development, and wellbeing of all staff (including member families) within the organisation. The role of HR Generalist is critical to the People Team. In this role you can have global impact by being instrumental in providing excellent support for 500 people in 50 countries who are contributing to exciting kingdom projects. You will use HRIS (currently Workday) and other IT facilities to remove administrative barriers and enable better people care. You will enjoy working with a diverse team and a range of partners to continuously improve the service we offer.
With team members:
- Provide proactive, tailored, prayerful and wise counsel and support on a wide range of issues throughout the lifecycle transitions of the staff team and missionaries serving in the UK and abroad.
- Develop with the team and implement people care, procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for staff in your portfolio.
- Propose new procedures and policies to continually improve effectiveness of the People Team and organization as a whole, and to improve staff experience. Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to staff in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organisational change, and all other employee-relations matters
- Actively participate in team meetings.
- Champion and help the team develop HRIS and other efficient systems.
- Recruitment of employees.
- Learning and Development planning and delivery.
Skills and experience
- Passionate about Wycliffe’s aims, personally committed to cross-cultural mission
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of working collaboratively with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Excellent administrative skills, with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- A high degree of personal organisation and self-management, with ability to prioritise and multitask
- Ability to take appropriate initiative
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- IT literate, confident in use of advanced knowledge of Google, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
- CIPD HR Qualification
- Proven experience working in an HR department
- Experience of Volunteer management.
- Knowledge of HR related employment and other law
People care and interpersonal skills are essential. Training will be given in various aspects of HR and professional development to Associate membership of CIPD is offered as appropriate.