Wycombe Refugee Partnership is a group of volunteers who care passionately about refugees and asylum-seekers. We are seeking a part-time Administrator to work from home, supporting us and helping organise our work in an efficient and professional way.
- Attend and take minutes at the charity’s Core Group meetings in High Wycombe (every two months), circulate the minutes and store securely online. Circulate the agenda and papers for the core group meetings, prior to the meetings. File policies and minutes.
- Offer administrative support to the Team Leads to help with the running of the charity. This includes making purchases on behalf of WRP, safe storage of the receipts and submission of the expense forms.
- Complete safer recruitment paperwork for new volunteers – collect and store safely application forms, references, and confidential declaration forms.
- Accompanied by a Core Group member, offer generic induction to new volunteers where appropriate, to be followed by specific engagement with Team Leads.
- Maintain the database of volunteers and beneficiaries of the charity.
- Disseminate information and invitations (via email) to families and volunteers upon
request from the trustees.
- Maintain and continually update the WRP website to reflect current activity.
- Ensure secure uploading, sharing and protection of confidential internal documents.
- Set up (by Zoom), attend and minute the family review meetings.
- Offer administrative support for events organized by WRP, when they become allowed.
- Be an admin for the WRP Facebook page, “Refugees Welcome in Wycombe”.
- Work with a volunteer to produce a newsletter every two months, email it out and add it to the website/Facebook page.
- Monitor GDPR compliance within the organization.
Skills & Attributes
- Commitment to the aims and ethos of WRP
- Administrative and secretarial skills
- IT skills, including website maintenance and management of Google drives, Zoom and proficient use of Microsoft package
- Good organization and attention to detail
- Ability to respect confidentiality
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work both alone and as part of a team
- Sensitivity to inter-faith and inter-cultural differences
The Employment Package includes
- Initial salary: £21,000 pa pro rata
- Probationary period: Three months
- 20-25 hours per week, ie 4-5 hours per day Monday-Friday, with an occasional two-hour weekend meeting in Wycombe
- Paid leave: 25 days pro rata plus bank holidays
- Support from a line-manager (a Trustee)
- Induction, including time with current post-holder
- The use of a new laptop
Deadline for applications: Sunday 11th April 2021
Interviews for shortlisted candidates: by Zoom on Tuesday 27th April 2021
Start date: Tuesday 4th May or as soon as possible thereafter