XLP is a youth work charity working to create positive futures for young people and at the cutting edge of tackling poverty and educational failure in inner London.
As a charity, XLP is almost totally reliant on fundraised income to keep its projects functioning and to fund new projects. At present about 50% of our income comes from charitable trusts and foundations. The Fundraising Officer is key to the continuation and development of this strong funding stream.
We are looking for someone with lots of energy and initiative, who is tenacious and driven by results. We are also looking for someone who be a committed team player and contribute positively across the range of fundraising opportunities as needed.
The role expects at least 2-3 years of previous fundraising experience and would suit someone who wishes to take the next step in a career in fundraising and is looking for a suitable developmental position
- You will need excellent written and verbal communication skills and sufficiently strong numeracy skills to understand and help develop project budgets
- You will be a team player who is able to work well with youth workers to help them put their work across as attractively as possible and ‘negotiate’ sensitively but firmly when information is required
- You will have good judgement to determine when an issue needs to be escalated for a decision, whilst being able to take responsibility where it is sensible to do so
- You will have an entrepreneurial “can-do” attitude, willing to take risks and look for opportunities however creative for raising and sustaining income for XLP
- You will be a ‘completer/finisher’ with a good eye for detail, who ensures that assigned activities are completed to a high standard and on time, and sometimes within short time-frames; and will be able to cope with the sometimes repetitive nature of the job
We also commit to supporting you as part of the XLP community and to providing training and development as identified.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.