Would you like to work for a charity who is making a huge difference in the lives of young people in London?
The XLP - Literacy and Numeracy Project provides support for young people to benefit from raised levels of literacy and numeracy and to avoid educational failure and its life-long consequences. XLP are committed to tackling the drivers behind school exclusions and identifying and engaging with young people who need our support the most.
This role reports to the Head of Schools work. The role is primarily based at the charity’s head office, but will involve travelling to schools, projects and other locations as necessary, on a week by week basis.
- Lead on promoting and delivery of the Literacy and Numeracy project in XLP schools to raise academic outcomes for young people,
- Lead on motivating and training staff and volunteers and other networks with Literacy and Numeracy resources and skills
- Manage the weekly delivery and resourcing of the XLP Literacy and Numeracy project in line with agreed plans and budgets.
- Review and develop the project and its resources through regular feedback and impact data.
To thrive in this role you will:
- be able to relate well to, and have worked with, young people for a number of years – bringing a range of youth work skills and experience.
- have likely have a degree level academic background and gained some experience in a teaching or educational capacity.
- feel passionate about improving the literacy and numeracy of young people, as well as understand the context of the inner-city environment, and the challenges and issues young people face.
- be highly motivated, enjoy taking initiative and love working as part of a team.
- be passionate about understanding education and the curriculum and advocating for young people within that framework.
- have good communication skills and be familiar with relevant safeguarding processes and protocols.
- be competent in a range of IT skills including MS Office.
Please review the Job Description for more information on the role. This is attached to the advert.
XLP is a Christian charity that has an emphasis on being faith-based, but not faith-biased: We work equally with young people of all faiths and none. This post is subject to an occupational requirement that the holder be a practising Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010, and able to lead in matters of faith.
As a Christian charity, our ambition is to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, which celebrates and promotes diversity and attracts people from all backgrounds, and to be a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed.
All XLP staff and volunteers have enhanced DBS disclosures and work within strict child protection guidelines. The staff package includes 25 days paid holiday and pension provision.
- Applications close at Midday on Friday the 1st of November
- Interviews will be during the week of the 4th of November
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.