Would you like to work for a charity who is making a huge difference in the lives of young people in London?
In this job you could play a pivitol role in supporting our award winning frontline work. XLP operates youth work projects in schools, pupil referral units and estate communities across nine inner city boroughs working with children and young people ranging in age from 10 - 24.
This dual role is responsible for enhancing the work of the CEO by supporting them directly with administrative duties and to ensure that the office functions run efficiently.
This role reports to the CEO and will work closely with the Finance and Central Service Manager. The role is based at the charity’s head office.
- To enhance the effectiveness of the CEO and the Senior Management Team
- To deal professionally and appropriately with external stakeholders;
- To be responsible for a number of specific administrative and support tasks in collaboration with the existing office team.
- Provide day to day administrative support to ensure that the office functions smoothly
- Foster and support a sense of team within the XLP Offices that creates a supportive and enjoyable environment for staff
To thrive in this role you will:
- Be highly organised with strong administration, project management skills, a passion for working with others and an ability to get things done;
- Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills with a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook;
- Be a good communicator and a team player who is able to ‘negotiate’ sensitively but firmly, and be a ‘completer/finisher’ who ensures that assigned activities are completed to a high standard;
- Be confident handling phone calls and emails of any nature as the first point of contact representing XLP;
- Be comfortable and able to communicate with the most senior of external contacts, whilst being able to engage effectively and gain the confidence of youth work practitioners;
- Have good judgement to be able to determine when an issue needs to be escalated for a decision, whilst being able to take personal responsibility.
- Be educated to tertiary level with a strong track record working with senior management in an assistant role.
- Be able to demonstrate and articulate a passion for the work that XLP does.
Please review the Job Description for more information on the role. This is attached to the advert.
XLP is a Christian charity that has an emphasis on being faith-based, but not faith-biased: We work equally with young people of all faiths and none. This post is subject to an occupational requirement that the holder be a practising Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010, and able to lead in matters of faith.
As a Christian charity, our ambition is to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, which celebrates and promotes diversity and attracts people from all backgrounds, and to be a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed.
All XLP staff and volunteers have enhanced DBS disclosures and work within strict child protection guidelines. The staff package includes 25 days paid holiday and pension provision.
Sound like you? Click Apply!
Be sure to send through your Equal Opportunities Form and feel free to send through a covering letter.
- Applications close 26th of August
- Interviews will be on the 29th August (flexible)
- Role starting from the 16th of September (depending on notice period)
If there is more you would like to know please feel free to get in touch with Damien Clark on 07 912515081