XLP is a youth work charity working to create positive futures for young people in inner London. We believe positive, long-term relationships can restore a young person’s trust in people, nurture the belief that things can change and encourage them to set positive goals and work hard to achieve them.
The Bus Projects provide a unique and rare platform to engage with young people on some of London’s most deprived estates on a weekly basis.
These mobile youth centres enable a team of experienced youth workers to provide a range of services for young people. Whether table tennis or trivial pursuit, cooking or competitions, games consoles or group discussions, FIFA or Forza, we use our buses to help London’s young people create their positive future. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a safe and consistent environment where young people can grow.
We are looking for two Senior Youth Workers to join our Outreach team. One for our work in East London (covering Hackney, Tower Hamlets and Newham) and one in South East London (covering Greenwich and Lewisham).
These roles are youth worker roles that also include driving one of our buses. Reporting directly to the Youth Work Manager for Outreach and working closely with the Senior Youth Workers across the boroughs.
Successful candidates will be passionate about creating positive futures for young people and will possess the necessary skills to deliver this unique and innovative project:
- Be over 21 years of age and hold a clean driving licence for minimum of two years. Bus driver training will be provided;
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven track record of youth work experience in an inner city context;
- Have strong project management skills;
- An ability to relate easily to young people and the complex challenges and issues they face;
- Highly motivated and have good leadership and networking skills;
- Skilled in energising and mobilising volunteers and know how to get the best out of those working with you;
- Enjoy taking initiative and love working as part of a dynamic team;
- A relevant youth work related qualification is highly desirable.
All XLP staff and volunteers have enhanced DBS disclosures and work within strict child protection guidelines.
What we offer
In return, the successful candidate will receive a supportive and flexible working environment, regular staff training and access to a range of employee benefits including; employer pension scheme contribution, clinical supervisions and regular team socials.
How to Apply
Please click the link to apply via our website.
We will be interviewing as applications come in, with the right to close the advert if the appropriate candidate is found before the deadline close.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.