XLP delivers holistic, long-term work with young people aged 11 – 25 in schools and estate communities. XLP works across nine inner-city boroughs, working with some of the hardest to reach young people in London.
We're looking for an experienced youth worker to join our XLP East London team (incorporating Newham, Tower Hamlets and Hackney boroughs), to deliver high quality youth work in school and community settings in and around the Olympic Park.
The role is part of a partnership with London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) and the successful candidate will work with the XLP East London team to ensure the networks and links with LLDC and other youth providers in the area remain strong, and securing the resources and volunteers to deliver the projects and outcomes agreed with LLDC.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about creating positive futures for young people in Stratford
- Understand the value of long-term relationships within youth work
- Have strong experience delivering youth work
- Have strong youth engagement skills and be able to build rapport with young people quickly
- Have strong organisational and project management skills
- Be able to demonstrate success in building and managing external stakeholder relationships
- Be able to mobilise volunteers and/or students and know how to get the best out of those on a team
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to take initiative and lead others
- Have good oral and written communication skills and be familiar with relevant safeguarding processes and protocols
- Be competent in a range of IT including Microsoft Office and video conferencing software.
What we offer
In return, the successful candidate will receive a supportive and flexible working environment, regular staff training and access to a range of employee benefits including; employer pension scheme contribution, clinical supervisions and regular team socials.
How to apply
Applications should be completed by Midday (12pm) on Friday 26th November 2021. We will be interviewing as applications come in, with the right to close the advert if the appropriate candidate is found before the deadline close, so please apply soon!
Please send a CV and cover letter of no more than two sides. We'd love tto know why you're passionate about youth work and why you want to work for XLP.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.