Senior Youth Worker - Ready to Work
XLP is a youth work charity working to create positive futures for young people and at the cutting edge of tackling poverty and educational failure in inner London. We deliver holistic, long-term work with young people aged 11 to 25 in schools and communities.
Our Employability Programme is made up of three projects:
The Ready to Work Project is a 12-week course mixing practical needs, personal development, 1-to-1 advice and experiences to help NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) young people gain employment and become more work ready.
The Young Leaders Project creates opportunities, training and experiences to develop life and leadership skills for 16 to 18 year olds that help prepare those involved for adult life and prevent them from becoming NEET.
The Employability Mentoring Project is a new project launching this year, enabling volunteers from our corporate partners to mentor young people in their chosen fields for up to one year.
We’re looking for a Senior Youth Worker to lead the Ready To Work Project. You’ll be directly supporting, advising, and training 40 young people aged 16 to 25 over the course of a year into employment, training or education.
The role will report directly to the Youth Work Manager – Employability
Who You Are
You will be passionate about creating positive futures for young people in inner-city London, and seeing transformation in their lives.
You’ll be good at:
- Understanding the context of the inner-city environment, and the challenges and issues young people face;
- Working with NEET young people; with knowledge of the steps needed to help move theminto employment;
- Public speaking and communicating;
- Developing and delivering workshops to groups of young people;
- Understanding the issues surrounding youth unemployment;
- Improving job opportunities for young people;
- Taking initiative and working as part of a dynamic team;
- Self-motivation, with good leadership and networking abilities;
- Using Microsoft Office and video conferencing software.
Useful if you have:
- A suitable youth work or careers guidance qualification;
- Experience of working with private businesses to offer opportunities for young people;
- A high level of knowledge of the benefits system and Job Centres;
- Experience in recording data, including the use of Salesforce.
What We Offer
- 25 days annual leave, with additional days between Christmas and New Year
- Clinical Supervision for all Youth Work roles
- Ongoing training and development
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Diverse and inclusive culture
- Generous sick and compassionate leave policies
- Enhanced maternity leave policy
How to apply
Please click the link to apply via CharityJob. Applications close on Friday the 8th of December at 12pm (midday).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.