We are a youth work charity working to create positive futures for young people in inner London. We deliver holistic long-term youth work with young people aged 11-25 in schools and estate communities. We believe positive, long term relationships can restore a young person’s trust in people, nurture the belief that things can change and encourage them to set goals and work hard to achieve them.
The XL-Bus projects provide a unique and rare platform to engage with young people on some of London’s most deprived estates on a weekly basis. These mobile youth centres enable a team of experienced youth workers to provide a range of services for young people. Whether table tennis or trivial pursuit, cooking or competitions, games consoles or group discussions, FIFA or Forza, we use our buses to help London’s
young people create their positive future. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a safe and consistent environment where young people can grow.
We're looking for a Senior Youth Worker to drive one of our XL- Buses and work on our community projects in South East London.
- Applicants must be over 21 years of age and hold a clean driving licence for minimum of two years. Bus driver training will be provided
- You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven track record of at least three years’ youth work experience in an urban context.
- You will have strong project management skills
- You will be able to relate easily to young people and the complex challenges and issues they face
- You will be highly motivated and have good leadership and networking skills
- You will be skilled in energising and mobilising volunteers and know how to get the best out of those working with you
- You will enjoy taking initiative and love working as part of a dynamic team
- A relevant youth work related qualification is highly desirable
We are committed to providing ongoing training and support for all our staff in order for them to develop and thrive in their roles.
All XLP staff and volunteers have enhanced DBS disclosures and work within strict child protection guidelines.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.